Why become a member? ×

Should I be excited, or vultures circling (eBay content)

oldslapper

In people’s experience is it a “good” sign on eBay to have lots of messages early on in a listing asking for BIN, hundreds of watchers, and loads of bidders with 24 hours still to go? 
Never had that before.

I thought what I was selling was just an old thing that I never used and was going to scrap. 
Weird. 

8 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Sounds as if you may be selling "an old thing that I never used and was going to scrap" that you may not realise the value of. If it's a 1952 P bass, I'll give you 50 quid cash...

Only take Bitcoin Dan. Or is it Buttcoin? Oh hold on that was another life….and in my defence I was trying to pay my way through college. Plus it wasn’t a real sheep anyway..

• Haha 1

I sold an old, unused Marshall Bass Amp, quite a few years ago now. I was in more or less the same boat as you, getting 17 "Please sell it to me now" messages. Some of them went as high as £150, to "take it off my hands". I let the Auction run, and eventually ended up getting £438 for it!  Don't weaken, and let the b*ggers wait!  😁

• Like 2

18 hours ago, oldslapper said:

It is an instrument. Maybe I should have done some research. Got it for next to nothing. 

Well just be happy in what you end up with through auction and don’t find out what it’s really worth. 

I missed a few items cos I emailed to ask questions and then the item got pulled cos there was a price he would finish the auction at :( so if I really want something I ask anyway so I know if I’m going to get gazzumped