Why become a member? ×

Chowny/Retrovibe to become fully UK brands

BassApprentice

I'm gonna be dim and ask what the difference is between the CHB-1 and -2? I've seen pics of both and I'm clearly being distracted by the amazeballs finished.

There used to be an amethystburst one (I think it was called that) which was utterly gorgeous.

5 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

I'm gonna be dim and ask what the difference is between the CHB-1 and -2? I've seen pics of both and I'm clearly being distracted by the amazeballs finished.

There used to be an amethystburst one (I think it was called that) which was utterly gorgeous.

CHB-1 is short scale 30.7"

CHB-2 is a longish medium scale at 33" 

Good news is there's been some further positive developments. The bad news is further price increase. Will update more soon - but looking like manufacturing may be with a very well regarded Dorset based luthier/guitar-company.  SWBs and CHBs from the £530 to the £800/£850 mark.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Chownybass said:

Good news is there's been some further positive developments. The bad news is further price increase. Will update more soon - but looking like manufacturing may be with a very well regarded Dorset based luthier/guitar-company.  SWBs and CHBs from the £530 to the £800/£850 mark.

You doing a Crimson-burst then......😉?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I might be alone in this, but would you also consider adding full size ‘fender’/elephant ear/paddle tuners? I’ve always felt that Y tuners make hollow body basses look a bit…..not quite right, they’re not of the right time/vibe imo.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

I might be alone in this, but would you also consider adding full size ‘fender’/elephant ear/paddle tuners? I’ve always felt that Y tuners make hollow body basses look a bit…..not quite right, they’re not of the right time/vibe imo.

Si

One word. Neck Dive! .... no wait. that's two words. WEIGHT! <--- that's the one word. 

• Like 1

OK! 

Here's the bad news. Prices for CHB-1 and CHB-2 basses are increasing from £500 (Made in India) to £895 (Made in the UK). 

Here's the good news. MASSIVE bump in quality. Made by highly respected luthiers in the West Country UK. Totally UK made and finished. Assembled by ourselves in Bristol. 

This means lower carbon footprint. Quicker leadtimes. UK jobs being created. 

We are collecting samples on Friday and will have them available to look at, and play, at the ACC Liverpool for the UK Bass and Guitar Show on the 2nd and 3rd of April. We hope to see you there.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chownybass said:

OK! 

Here's the bad news. Prices for CHB-1 and CHB-2 basses are increasing from £500 (Made in India) to £895 (Made in the UK). 

Here's the good news. MASSIVE bump in quality. Made by highly respected luthiers in the West Country UK. Totally UK made and finished. Assembled by ourselves in Bristol. 

We are collecting samples on Friday and will have them available to look at, and play, at the ACC Liverpool for the UK Bass and Guitar Show on the 2nd and 3rd of April. We hope to see you there.

I'll be there and will definitely be putting these through their paces - well, as best I can manage anyway.

On 22/03/2022 at 18:23, Chownybass said:

OK! 

It’s not bad news, it actually seems very reasonable indeed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJJS said:

Can you indicate when the outstanding Indian built deliveries will be completed pls?

Depends what it’s for. SWBs and Evos are busy being dispatched. Things are slow because our main luthier has damaged his retina. But we’re getting there. CHBs will be fulfilled from the new U.K. made stock so will take a little longer 

1 hour ago, Chownybass said:

Depends what it’s for. SWBs and Evos are busy being dispatched. Things are slow because our main luthier has damaged his retina. But we’re getting there. CHBs will be fulfilled from the new U.K. made stock so will take a little longer 

Mine is an SWB.

Hope your Luthier gets well soon.