Why become a member? ×

Chowny/Retrovibe to become fully UK brands

BassApprentice

Photo showing first UK built body ready for the top to go on.

The holes are the cable routing for battery cables and some weight saving chambering.

Fully Ash Body SWBs will now be an ash body with an ash top. So it'll look like one piece, but underneath you've got some stuff going on.

254795584_3001183366821675_2065374575957

• Like 17

46 minutes ago, Chownybass said:

The holes are the cable routing for battery cables and some weight saving chambering.

Fully Ash Body SWBs will now be an ash body with an ash top. So it'll look like one piece, but underneath you've got some stuff going on.

SWB has eaten a sour sweet and does not approve!

• Haha 3

On 05/11/2021 at 16:09, Chienmortbb said:

There is a reason oak is rarely used for guitars and I cannot remember why exactly. I will be back with either a reason or apology.

Doesn’t it go black around steel things like screws? And it’s heavy as 

8 hours ago, Chownybass said:

Looking good!

Slight tangent: are you going to continue the NT range? Not a lot of shorter scale 5’s out there, would be a shame for those to disappear.

51 minutes ago, Chownybass said:

YOUR WISH IS COMING TRUE! The Evo will be short and medium scale in future. :) Probably winding down the Davie504 relationship though. 

YAY great news, can't wait!!!

The relationship/signature is not really a factor for me (although I do like Davie and his slappp, I know a lot of people don't 😁), it's just his channel and his signature bass is how I discovered your brand in the first place a couple months ago, and has been drooling over your basses ever since then. So I guess he got you at least one prospect customer 😉 A shortscale Retrovibe Evo in green... again, just can't wait!

Edited by whave
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, whave said:

YAY great news, can't wait!!!

The relationship/signature is not really a factor for me (although I do like Davie and his slappp, I know a lot of people don't 😁), it's just his channel and his signature bass is how I discovered your brand in the first place a couple months ago, and has been drooling over your basses ever since then. So I guess he got you at least one prospect customer 😉 A shortscale Retrovibe Evo in green... again, just can't wait!

Mate, congrats on the dream come true 🙌