Why become a member? ×

Unlined fretless Sire?

lownote

If you're an unlined fretless sort of person and would like a Sire, then simply ask for one.  Having written to Sire asking if they do them I've just got a reply saying they'd never thought of it but will consider making one now I've raised the thought. If you fancy reinforcing the idea in their minds, email [email protected]

Edited by lownote
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• lownote changed the title to Unlined fretless Sire?
3 hours ago, Davebassics said:

I find it hard to believe that no one at sire had the idea for an unlined fretless! 

I've had a number of unlined fretless basses before but have since accepted my lack of talent and remain in the lined camp for now. Which is fortunate as I am a massive sire fan!

Hey I'm a former BBC journalist - you want accurate reporting😮? 🤣.  Below is the exact message content I had from Sire, which I argue reads as 'hadn't considered it, but now will'.  Now go email 'em 😀

"Dear John,

Greetings from SIRE!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We do not have plans to release an unlined neck, but we will consider it after reading your email. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Wendell Young

International Marketing Manager, Sire Revolution HQ

www.sire-usa.com"

Edited by lownote

As a product manager for a pro audio company. I would read that as:

"It's a feature we have considered and would like to add to our roadmap. We are unable to commit to a development slot at this time"

Although the response came from a marketing manager so all bets are off!

Would love to see an unlined fretless V5. Would be a beauty. Sire will be reading this thread, no need to email them! 

• Like 1

Unlined fretless are not that common and the standard by big factories like Sire or even Fender seems to be lined fretless.

Being a fretless player myself, I've always struggled to find unlined fretless basses. That said, I ended up not focusing on this as I don't look at my neck that much while playing, only once in while.

So yes a fretless Sire P10 or V10 with an unlined fingerboard would be great, as long as they switch back to ebony, not doing this with a maple fingerboard, which is an heresy.

Hoping that Marcus Miller is a BassChatter and that the guys at Sire will read this thread too. And I think Nathan King is a BassChatter or at least someone at Andertons is.

• Like 1