Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

2 minutes ago, wintoid said:

My feedback is that I've no idea where they're based, and it doesn't say on the website.  Anyone know?

Hi there,

We are in Leamington Spa, please contact us to book an appointment. We operate by appointment only. The address info is another thing that will be added to the site with a map,etc. 

The Hangers 

Harbury Lane 

Leamington Spa 

CV33 9SA 

I hope this helps 

Thanks 

Will

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Willfunk said:

Hi guys, 

Will from Bassbros here. The site went live late last night (while I was on a gig). There’s a few things that still need to be added/changed. So please bear with us while this is sorted. 

There’s no marketing ploy or any other negative connotation I can assure you before the speculation goes any further! There are just some functions that will be re-added in the coming weeks as the structure of the site itself has changed a lot. 

Thanks 

Will

Hey Will,

Thanks for the update. Bass Bros is looking good. 

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burns-bass said:

If you enter through the homepage you’re less likely to be searching for an individual product rather than browse through the whole range.

If you’re searching for a specific product (a 1973 Precision for example) you’ll most likely have discovered the site through a search engine and enter through the product page.

Someone landing on the URL is likely to know if they want a 4-string, 5-string, Fender, etc. I’m sure they’ll cater for that in time as mentioned.

57 minutes ago, Willfunk said:

Hi guys, 

Will from Bassbros here. The site went live late last night (while I was on a gig). There’s a few things that still need to be added/changed. So please bear with us while this is sorted. 

There’s no marketing ploy or any other negative connotation I can assure you before the speculation goes any further! There are just some functions that will be re-added in the coming weeks as the structure of the site itself has changed a lot. 

Thanks 

Will

Don’t take any offence at my marketing ploy comment, typical internet conjecture on my part (I used to work at head office for a well known supermarket chain many years ago). FWIW, I like a good browse, a perfectly good way to spend my time. Thanks for taking the trouble to come and update us on the progress of the website. Love seeing your stuff on Instagram when it pops up on my feed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willfunk said:

Hi there,

We are in Leamington Spa, please contact us to book an appointment. We operate by appointment only. The address info is another thing that will be added to the site with a map,etc. 

The Hangers 

Harbury Lane 

Leamington Spa 

CV33 9SA 

I hope this helps 

Thanks 

Will

Thanks Will :)

21 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Very disappointed that none of the grumpy pedants of BassChat have grasped the opportunity to point out that standard long scale is 34 inches not 34 feet.

Screenshot_20220529-161749_Chrome.jpg.d1326fab6bdfafab9479f825d80d7b3b.jpg

We must try harder. :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

Someone landing on the URL is likely to know if they want a 4-string, 5-string, Fender, etc. I’m sure they’ll cater for that in time as mentioned.

That’s just a standard filter, so yes 100% agree.

Been having a great experience with Bass Bro’s. They sold my 72 Jazz for me recently & sorted out a problem with the bass too for me before it being sold. Excellent service & very communicative. In addition, I’ve. bought some great OC2’s from there too 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like to just add to this thread, as many have, by giving Will and Bass Bros a plug.

Bought a fab Stingray..... everything 100%, and set-up to my exact description. 

Great stock, and well worth a look. I'll definitely be going back.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called in to Bass Bros earlier today after phoning Will to say I was in the area. Fortunately he was in the store so I popped in. 

It's the first time I've been to their new unit and I must say I'm really impressed with the set up. There's some lovely kit there and I left considerably poorer than when I arrived. 

Will's a top chap and has that whole "customer experience" off to a tee. I'm delighted that the business is thriving for them and will definitely call in again when I'm in the area. In common with vampires, once I've been invited in there's no escaping me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I called in to Bass Bros earlier today after phoning Will to say I was in the area. Fortunately he was in the store so I popped in. 

It's the first time I've been to their new unit and I must say I'm really impressed with the set up. There's some lovely kit there and I left considerably poorer than when I arrived. 

Will's a top chap and has that whole "customer experience" off to a tee. I'm delighted that the business is thriving for them and will definitely call in again when I'm in the area. In common with vampires, once I've been invited in there's no escaping me. 

I was in there last week. Great bass experience. What did you buy?

On 25/07/2022 at 16:48, Steve Browning said:

I can also add to the love-in.

Just taken delivery of a very nice Greco Spacy Sound (Pbass). Very pleasant chat on the phone. Simple transaction, and delivered, very well packaged exactly on the day stated. Really happy with the whole thing.

That might be my old one, a very reluctant sale but I had too many P basses.  Will has helped me a great deal in slimming down the herd and has been brilliant to deal with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ead said:

That might be my old one, a very reluctant sale but I had too many P basses.  Will has helped me a great deal in slimming down the herd and has been brilliant to deal with.

The sunburst with maple neck? It's a lovely bass. I'm not usually a maple neck type of guy but really like it.

Too many Precisions. Interesting concept. 🙂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

The sunburst with maple neck? It's a lovely bass. I'm not usually a maple neck type of guy but really like it.

Too many Precisions. Interesting concept. 🙂

Yup, that's the badger.  When I bought the bass it had a Quarter Pounder p/up fitted, but I managed to find the actual original pickup set on here after a lot of digging around (thanks people, you know who you are) and restored it back to it's original state.

I know what you mean about P basses.  I did have 5 though (now 2) which I think you'll find is even more than @ash of this very parish who, at the last count, had 756 of them.

15 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I was in there last week. Great bass experience. What did you buy?

I asked Will if I could try out the 2018 Classic Stingray they had in stock and after playing it I decided to make a purchase. It's absolutely spotless and weighs 9lbs 8oz (top of my weight range really) but is light for one of these. I've strung it with TI flats and it's brilliant. 

Foolishly, while I was waiting for Will to dig out the Classic I picked up a 1996 2EQ Ray that was sat on a stand and basically couldn't put it down again. It's got a few dings and minor chips (who hasn't?) but weighs in at just under 8 1/2lbs and just sounds amazing. 

Fortunately Will was agreeable to a p/x and I walked away with two Rays to join my Special that I've been gigging with recently. There's such a difference between the single and double H basses and the 2 vs. 3 eq that I felt I could justify it. Having recently moved a few basses on I didn't feel too guilty either. 

It's strange; I've been a passive bass fan for so long but now ffive of my seven basses are active and it works really well for me gigging-wise. 

C915752F-BCF1-4E98-9995-0022C1DFB28C.jpeg

B92B4C0A-E140-4985-83CA-47B1C65806C5.jpeg

30F3D08D-9E25-4A2E-B67F-B96EE1E96D11.jpeg

F93C9523-4285-43A4-9DCA-80EA00F76C4E.jpeg

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I asked Will if I could try out the 2018 Classic Stingray they had in stock and after playing it I decided to make a purchase. It's absolutely spotless and weighs 9lbs 8oz (top of my weight range really) but is light for one of these. I've strung it with TI flats and it's brilliant. 

Foolishly, while I was waiting for Will to dig out the Classic I picked up a 1996 2EQ Ray that was sat on a stand and basically couldn't put it down again. It's got a few dings and minor chips (who hasn't?) but weighs in at just under 8 1/2lbs and just sounds amazing. 

Fortunately Will was agreeable to a p/x and I walked away with two Rays to join my Special that I've been gigging with recently. There's such a difference between the single and double H basses and the 2 vs. 3 eq that I felt I could justify it. Having recently moved a few basses on I didn't feel too guilty either. 

It's strange; I've been a passive bass fan for so long but now ffive of my seven basses are active and it works really well for me gigging-wise. 

C915752F-BCF1-4E98-9995-0022C1DFB28C.jpeg

B92B4C0A-E140-4985-83CA-47B1C65806C5.jpeg

30F3D08D-9E25-4A2E-B67F-B96EE1E96D11.jpeg

F93C9523-4285-43A4-9DCA-80EA00F76C4E.jpeg

Oh boy, that Classic is absolutely gorgeous. At this rate Nick, we'll have to rename you to Stingray Nick or Old Horse Stingray :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1