Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Supernaut

6 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

There’s a really nice 68 jazz on there at the moment ,and the thing I also like about the site is they offer to setup the basses for you .

A professional setup will be carried out on this bass, we would like to offer you a free personalised setup upon purchase. Please just let us know your preferences and we can get the bass right for you, including a new set of strings.

Can you pay with PayPal?  🙂

Edited by dand666

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

I'm waiting for someone to buy that black Status Kingbass. If it's replaced by something natural, there'll be a beige full house on the home page!*

*Yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 09.54.29.png

At least you didn't spot the S&M-style gloves modeling the '68 Jazz! 

• 3 weeks later...

Morning. 

Just wanted to drop a +1 review of BassBros on here. I bought a '75 AVRI jazz bass from Will on Saturday and the process couldn't have been better. Great communication throughout the week to arrange the appointment, and when I got there, the basses I had mentioned I was interested in were laid out ready to try through a really nice TC / Vanderklay rig. 

Will was really kind, warm and accommodating, making cups of tea, having a proper chat about what we loved about jazz basses. I tried three different AVRIs out, two in natural and one in 3TSB, and I left a very happy customer having bought the latter - picture below :) I immediately went off a gigged it twice through the weekend, and I'm very happy with it! 

Couldn't recommend BassBros enough to anybody wanting to purchase their next instrument. 

Nice one Will! 

Jack Thomas - AVRI.jpeg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Either there's another one of those now listed, or the previous one has returned. But I recall the previous one being maple fb? This one is only 8 lb 2 oz..... [/daydream]

It’s another one 👍

• Like 1

It's rare that I feel strongly enough to share my experiences of retailers etc, but I am compelled to sing the praises of Will at Bassbros. He helped me out with what should have been a straightforward commission sale, but which turned complicated and potentially very costly to me and him as the bass had made it to the US, but the buyer having received it, experienced a change of heart. 

Will went totally above and beyond to get this sorted to everyone's satisfaction, was professional, calm and friendly with great with comm's throughout. By some miracle of coordination he found another buyer in the US who thankfully is very pleased with the bass.

I look forward to supporting Bassbros going forward, as well as visiting the showroom again now it has a little more stock in it! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I keep a regular eye on the Bass Bros web site, but they seem to have removed the facility to select 5 string basses.

That makes the web site unusable for me. Shame.

I suspect a marketing ploy, rather like that used by supermarkets. Get folk to ‘walk’ past various goods, whilst looking for something specific and hope to generate some other interest. Plainly, this doesn’t always work out.

2 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I suspect a marketing ploy, rather like that used by supermarkets. Get folk to ‘walk’ past various goods, whilst looking for something specific and hope to generate some other interest. Plainly, this doesn’t always work out.

Not sure it is - probably just a temporary oversight. Standard UX practice is to get the customer to what they want to buy with as little fuss as possible… then dangle other things in front of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

6 pages of a dozen basses each.

I expect this option was "mislaid" in an update. It will probably come back at some point.

In the mean time, searching for the few 5 string basses they may or may not have, in a list of 60 basses, is not a good use of my time.

It might not bother you but my 5 string requirement is non negotiable so looking at 1 4 string bass is a waste of my time. Instead I'll go to sites where I can select what I'm interested in.

4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Nice one jimmy 👍, how is it, I was offered that one but I couldn’t get there to try it 

It's good. I don't have much to compare it to, as I've never bought an old bass before. The frets are fairly worn, but still usable and there's a little bit of string buzz, but I'm guessing that's fixable.

Overall condition is good, definitely doesn't look like it's been thrashed too much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I expect this option was "mislaid" in an update. It will probably come back at some point.

In the mean time, searching for the few 5 string basses they may or may not have, in a list of 60 basses, is not a good use of my time.

It might not bother you but my 5 string requirement is non negotiable so looking at 1 4 string bass is a waste of my time. Instead I'll go to sites where I can select what I'm interested in.

What did they say when you emailed them to flag it to them?

I mentioned it too - the response:

"it only went live a couple of hours ago so all the photos need updating, etc. yes filter will be added in the next couple of weeks. The website guys just trying to sort it, appreciate the feedback"

47 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Not sure it is - probably just a temporary oversight. Standard UX practice is to get the customer to what they want to buy with as little fuss as possible… then dangle other things in front of them.

Try explaining this to some web designers is a nightmare. I’m having this exact issue when building a new e-commerce site…

The bass bros site is ok, and they’re banking on the audience being less concerned with instant fulfilment. 

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

In what way?

If you enter through the homepage you’re less likely to be searching for an individual product rather than browse through the whole range.

If you’re searching for a specific product (a 1973 Precision for example) you’ll most likely have discovered the site through a search engine and enter through the product page.

Hi guys, 

Will from Bassbros here. The site went live late last night (while I was on a gig). There’s a few things that still need to be added/changed. So please bear with us while this is sorted. 

There’s no marketing ploy or any other negative connotation I can assure you before the speculation goes any further! There are just some functions that will be re-added in the coming weeks as the structure of the site itself has changed a lot. 

Thanks 

Will

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1