• NickD
    • Doctor J
    • Nail Soup
    • leonard smalls
    • Lurksalot
    • upside downer
    • skankdelvar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/21 at 00:01

WOW ...  The pumpkin trails are set out and with an increasing number of houses being decorated with spiders webs and skellingtons , it can only mean one thing ... we are approaching the end of October and that in turn brings the obvious conclusion that .......

its the October Composition Challenge voting thread 

The compositions are based on this picture , chosen by last months winner @Doctor J  and they are really worth a listen over the week

image.png.5775ce42f25bd3949eacf5a9e195f0b3.png

Choose your favourite 3 tracks

The Basschat force was strong with this picture as you will hear in due course ..........

1 @Dad3353

Taking stock, reflection, inspired by the (apparently...) more simple life led by (apparently...) more serene sentient creatures. Are they telling us something..? Can sentiments be transmitted..? Yes, they can (apparently...).

@NickD

Finally some time!

Crap weather and no diesel cut me a little slack this month.

3 @Doctor J

This looks like the sub-aquatic future which seemingly awaits us on our unstoppable journey into oblivion. Do electric trains run underwater?

4 @Nail Soup

The pic got me thinking about swimming with dolphins and generally drifting around, which gave me the feel for the song. I was recently loaned a beautiful mid-70’s Gibson Thunderbird acoustic guitar by my aunt, which belonged to my late uncle who passed last year. She wants it to be played. So it’s included here and contributed to the feel.

@Leonard Smalls

I fancied a bit of Dub, so here it is! Sounds best on big speakers with serious bass handling... 

6  Lurksalot

I saw this a journey which obviously has choices of destination and timing to a degree , you can go when and where you want to. A fairly simple thought on journeys in general.

7 @upside downer

Hello, I'm Johnny Trash. The image brought to mind the rising sea levels and the consequences of climate change. However, I'm a glass half full kind of guy and that struck me as far too morose so instead I went with a country tinged toe-tapper about a train trip gone awry and the narrator more worried about his lack of Adam Peatyesque prowess and getting to his journey's end. Where was he hoping to get to, though?

8 @skankdelvar

A dab behind the ears with some eau de Canvey.

Well that's it , nothing too scary, but the voting will close at midnight on Halloween 

so choose your favourite 3 tracks 

good luck to all , and well done , they are a great listen .

:sun_bespectacled:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 26/10/2021 at 01:32, lurksalot said:

Do it quick before everyone votes for someone else 😜

Thanks lurks . I've tried this morning but the exported file is not playing right so give it a miss, but of course will contribute with my vote as most of time.

and voted..

Edited by SH73
Voted
  • Thanks 1