Why become a member? ×

* SOLD* 1999 AVRI 62 Jazz in LPB
£1999
LONDON

Clarky

Having recently acquired a fantastic Fullerton era AVRI 62RI Jazz I am reassessing what I realistically need. Hence putting this rare 1999 beast up for sale. It was near mint when I bought it (see pics in ad link from Pym antiques below). Pretty much the only signs of use are some minor sinking of the nitro finish around the neck plate and a couple of tiny nicks. From front on it looks a new bass. It weighs 9.25 pounds on my scales (without chrome covers) and plays super smoothly with D'Addario 45-100 nickel rounds. Comes with slightly scraped tweed case and all the case candy.

Price now £1500 plus delivery via UPS, or can be collected from SW13, south of Hammersmith Bridge. 

Trade options: AVRI 62 Precision if 9 pounds or less. Or p/x for similarly light early 70s P with rosewood board, with cash your way.

Pics here

20211014_194031.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 11

• Clarky changed the title to 1999 AVRI 62RI Jazz in LPB - amazing condition *cut to £1900*
  • Clarky changed the title to 1999 AVRI 62RI Jazz in LPB - amazing condition *cut to £1800*
  • Clarky changed the title to 1999 AVRI 62RI Jazz in LPB - amazing condition *cut to £1700*
  • Clarky changed the title to WITHDRAWN. 1999 AVRI 62RI Jazz in LPB - amazing condition *cut to £1700*
  • Clarky changed the title to 1999 AVRI 62 Jazz in LPB F/S (or F/T AVRI 62 Precision)
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic
  • Rich unlocked this topic

Back up with trade option (AVRI 62 Precision) and lower bargain price (£1500). Sale much preferred as I do already have several other basses .... but it looks like trades are easier at this time of year

In response to a PM, I have all the amps/cabs etc I need, so the only trade is for an AVRI P bass (I would contribute some extra cash if a Fullerton early 80s, alternatively its a straight trade for a good condition light post Fullerton AVRI)

PS, swapped strings again (I am an inveterate tinkerer) and the bass is now wearing D'Addario 45-100 nickel rounds.

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to 1999 AVRI 62 Jazz in LPB £1500, great condition

You’re a terrible old tempter Clarky, I haven’t been in the forum for years and here you are selling something I’d love to have - just as it always was. I had an Alembic Spoiler and a beautiful white Precision off you back before the world went crazy. I haven’t got the dosh for this particular beast but I’ll be dipping back in a few months time with a fuller wallet to see what you’ve got to offer.

7 minutes ago, deaver said:

You’re a terrible old tempter Clarky, I haven’t been in the forum for years and here you are selling something I’d love to have - just as it always was. I had an Alembic Spoiler and a beautiful white Precision off you back before the world went crazy. I haven’t got the dosh for this particular beast but I’ll be dipping back in a few months time with a fuller wallet to see what you’ve got to offer.

Haha, long time (and I mean loooong) time no speak!!!! Yep, still a gear tart. And yep, still not very good at playing bass :D