Why become a member? ×

Urgent help needed. Drummer forgotten kick pedal.

mrtcat

Long shot. We just turned up to a gig in Bridgenorth and our drummer has left his kick pedal at home. It's a 4hr round trip and we're due on in 3. Can anyone help. Will pay for fuel and give a good donation to your beer fund. Happy to collect and drop off if we can make it to you and back in time.

Edited by mrtcat

Yes ^^^^, would like to hear what happened in the end🤞. I do have a bass drum pedal but I’m nowhere near Bridgenorth though!

Don’t sack the drummer though, we need to look after our drummers even when they F up a bit!

Our drummer forgot his snare at one gig and luckily there was someone in his family who could bring it down in time. 

We managed to wing it. Fortunately we use an acoustic kit converted into an electric kit. Drummer was able to pull the trigger out of the electric kick pad and turn it into a makeshift stomp box. Thankfully the td50 brain was able to make it sound like a convincing kick drum. 

I don't think he'll forget his pedal again in a hurry. Gig went well but I don't think it made for enjoyable playing for him. 

Sadly he's a partner in the business that is our band so sacking him would be a major hassle.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've only just seen this post, I live in Bridgnorth (No "E" Bridgnorth btw), 😉 and probably could have helped you out, I don't have one myself but I know a few drummers who I could have contacted on your behalf.

Glad you managed to get through the gig ok, where were you playing?