Why become a member? ×

Cali76TX compressor £650 - *SOLD*
£100
Scotland

krispn

Sorry about the price I had another pedal for sale at £100 which has now sold. 

I'm doing a bit of streamlining and reducing stuff which I love to use but don't really 'need'. Isn't it always the case! I mainly use a HX Stomp now for gig's as we tend to be IEM more often than not.

SOLD - Red Witch Zeus Octave Fuzz - £100 - SOLD

Cali76 TX - £650  with original box posted U.K.

Next is my beloved Cali76TX. I had a big box, went to a smaller CB unit than went back to the big box. This is the TX version which can run on 9v (but doesn't engage the TX). When run at 18v it employs the 'Iron Core' transformer which is more ballsy than the more linear Lundhal version (and more 'musical' I think). The Iron Core adds a wonderful richness and compliments the CAli76 pre-amp and just results in any source sounding richer and warmer as a result. Simply as a tone sweetener it's worth a look but coupled to the fact it's a '76 style' comp too just makes it an always on pedal for me. Many threads debate the "need" for a comp but this box is so much more than simply a comp. Everything sounds better through this box and it's great for the home studio. Track acoustics, guitar, vox, stick it on a drum bus etc. The back pane, has a couple of switches for the gain structure and DI ground lif/pad.

These do fetch a lot of money and it's up to the buyer if they feel it's worth experiencing one but if you wanna scratch the itch it's worth it! I've a mate paid £800 for his TX version about 5 yrs ago. Some slight cosmetic damage as I have gigged this pedal, and a little bit of the silk screen has come away - warning contact cleaner will strip the silk screen right off as I found out!

It can also be used as a DI using a 1/4 out!

Zeus WARRANTY V4.pdf

F00ECF72-4260-43D7-B71A-1ED7BE469BAC.jpeg

B6F9867E-0C0B-4300-9C67-A5C2DD46BCB0.jpeg

ED45AB46-A7B4-45B2-B9EA-28BB3AEB7618.jpeg

Edited by krispn
Pictures added
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2021 at 13:10, ped said:

Why is it called a 'Cali' do you know? I guess 'li' alludes to Limiting Amplifier...

Maybe it's a kind of homage to CAution LIve aniMAls 67 (year the film was started).

Or maybe it's simply linked to Kali, the Hindu goddess of time, change and death... and also all powers and ultimate reality, which seems more suited to what the pedal does.

Or am I overthinking...

• krispn changed the title to Cali76TX compressor for sale
  • krispn changed the title to Cali76TX compressor £650
  • 1 month later...
  • krispn changed the title to Cali76TX Sold