Why become a member? ×

SOLD Trace Elliot 122h GP12 combo as new can ship!
£275
St. Albans, Welwyn GC

uk_lefty

SOLD

**On hold from 14:45 Friday 29th**

Update. Mind is made up, she has to be set free 

I have a Trace GP12 122h 300w 2x10 combo in "as new" condition. It's barely been used and been kept under a fitted cover almost its entire life. It's feature laden, valve drive, harmonic emphasis, two band compressor, 12 band graphic EQ, trace pre shape... All of which can be switched on or off. It is in showroom condition, as they say. It weighs about 35kg which all in isn't so bad, it has side handles for easy carrying between one or two people. It has the green light behind the control panel working and the fitted cover included.

I bought this a few months back and it sounds UNREAL with my Washburn Status. It is the sound of 80s pop. However, my 80s band folded not long after. I've been using my Ashdown gear a lot more recently and for the new band I've just joined I won't be using the Washburn Status and I think the Ashdown sound is more appropriate.

So this may go to find upgrades to the Ashdown rig. I'll regret it. But if someone wants to offer cash and collect from between St Albans and WGC then I'll let it go.

Better photos to follow.

Screenshot_2021-10-23-08-21-29-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by uk_lefty
No longer a feeler
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Deepbass said:

Might you potentially be interested in a trade for an Ashdown 2 x 10 combo?

Hi there, as you can see in one of the photos I've already got an Ashdown rig and a big Ashdown box in transit to me... Looking for cash on this really.

1 hour ago, Deepbass said:

Also do you know roughly what year/series it is etc?

I could t find any reliable info online. There was an older version of this with a carpet cover and red stripe on the speakers, and there's one just like this on sale in Austria last year at £570. That's all I could find. Serial number is TO648/4/201 if that means anything to anyone.... 

I've got a feeling it's mid to late 90s, before Trace looked a bit rubbish.

17 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

There was an older version of this with a carpet cover and red stripe on the speakers

17 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Serial number is TO648/4/201 if that means anything to anyone.... 

I've got a feeling it's mid to late 90s, before Trace looked a bit rubbish.

I believe the serial numbers from the late '90s/early '00s used the quarter and year for the three digits after the last slash, so this one probably dates from April-June 2001, which tallies with it having the GP12X pre-amp.

The green carpet appeared sometime around 1995, and I have seen serial numbers implying that it was still being used at the end of 2000. I had previously assumed that they continued with it until production ceased under Gibson in early 2002, because I've seen several GP12X heads and combos with the carpet covering (and red stripes, as you say), but yours is the first one I've noticed that deviates. It's interesting, as it has some of the aesthetic of the stuff built in the USA under Peavey ownership around 2008 (the return to the grey vinyl/tolex and the use of gloss black paint for the grille), but with the much nicer-looking (in my opinion) pre-amp. A very smart-looking amp!

58 minutes ago, 82Hz said:

I believe the serial numbers from the late '90s/early '00s used the quarter and year for the three digits after the last slash, so this one probably dates from April-June 2001, which tallies with it having the GP12X pre-amp.

The green carpet appeared sometime around 1995, and I have seen serial numbers implying that it was still being used at the end of 2000. I had previously assumed that they continued with it until production ceased under Gibson in early 2002, because I've seen several GP12X heads and combos with the carpet covering (and red stripes, as you say), but yours is the first one I've noticed that deviates. It's interesting, as it has some of the aesthetic of the stuff built in the USA under Peavey ownership around 2008 (the return to the grey vinyl/tolex and the use of gloss black paint for the grille), but with the much nicer-looking (in my opinion) pre-amp. A very smart-looking amp!

Thanks for the info. I believe this is one of the last "proper" Trace Elliot amps. 

The image I'm adding to this post is an example of what I mean by Trace "looking a bit rubbish" and from anecdotal evidence it's these models onward that didn't have the classic Trace sound.

Screenshot_2021-10-27-08-39-15-60_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• uk_lefty changed the title to Trace Elliot 122h GP12 combo as new
  • uk_lefty changed the title to Trace Elliot 122h GP12 combo as new can ship!
  • uk_lefty changed the title to SOLD Trace Elliot 122h GP12 combo as new can ship!
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic