Why become a member? ×

https://youtu.be/XBSOfZhnFaY

Stevie Ray Vaughan recorded a version of the Hendrix tune, 'Little Wing' with Tommy Shannon on bass.  This is a great version and there are 9 choruses of pure guitar joy without any vocals.

The track is very much jammed and you can hear Tommy and Stevie working together really instinctively as the time progresses. 

In my latest video lesson I pick out key parts of the bass line and show you some of the important techniques that Tommy Shannon uses.

There is a free PDF of the whole transcription which you can download under the video in the description. Tab and Standard Notation options are available. 

Enjoy and have a great weekend. 

Hi Greg, I downloaded the transcription and there's an error in the final part of each chorus (bars 7 to 10). 

This section should have a natural F (rather than F#) otherwise you find yourself playing a F# against the F chord, which I don't think is quite the harmony that you are intending! 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, peteb said:

Hi Greg, I downloaded the transcription and there's an error in the final part of each chorus (bars 7 to 10). 

This section should have a natural F (rather than F#) otherwise you find yourself playing a F# against the F chord, which I don't think is quite the harmony that you are intending! 

You’re right. That should be an F natural. Thanks for flagging that up!