Why become a member? ×

Best Signal Chain When Using LS-2

Bazmono

Hey guys. Over lockdown I bought a Boss LS-2 & have been trying a few different signal chains to see what sounds best, but thought I'd come to the experts!

I have a good idea of the right signal chain but was wondering what you guys would do when implementing the Line Selector also. 

My current board is Volume, Sansamp, Microsynth, Octave, Overdrive, Fuzz, Reverb & Delay.

Hope I can get some feedback from some folks here ✌

Edited by Bazmono
  • Like 1

What are you trying to achieve?

Without knowing that it's difficult to say.

Are you wanting a 1 press to turn everything on? Or are you wanting a clean blend with some of the pedals? Which ones?

Often a useful idea to get a pad and sketch out what you want when signal chains start getting more complicated than a straight serial connection.

• Like 1

• Bazmono changed the title to Best Signal Chain When Using LS-2

Little known fact - for a clean loop you don't need to patch the LS to itself. It doesn't that internally. Just don't plug any patch cables into that loop.

Personally I'd put the fuzz, overdrive and synth in a loop to allow a clean blend, but put all the others in the normal chain.

OR - a nice thing is to put the Fuzz and drive on 1 loop, and the synth in the other. Blending filth with synth is great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A+B mix bypass setting.  Put your drives in the A loop.  Nothing in the B loop.  Keep the LS-2 on permanent.  When you kick in the drives, you’ll still have clean bass in the B channel.  You can tweak the A and B volumes to suit your taste. 
Great pedal.  
loads of other stuff you can do with it too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1