Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** 1989 MusicMan Stingray 4 - Trans Red with maple birdseye neck - All original
£1099
Eastbourne

Apothem

I'm virtually not playing anymore, time to place this baby into a new home where she'll be loved, so NO TRADES PLEASE.

Stunning 1989 Stingray 4 in Trans Red with maple birdseye neck. I believe at the time ash was the choice for trans colour bodies but I cannot be 100% sure. All original, down to the mutes (probably more cosmetic than practical now). Skunk stripe at the back of the neck and bullet trussrod adjustment at the headstock.  Chrome battery cover. Several dings and knocks to the body (many through the finish, see pics) but the neck is fine. All scars from many moons ago, but superb playability nonetheless. Currently set with a straight neck and low action. 8.8 lbs = 4.0 kg

I have purposedly NOT changed the strings for years (D'Addario ProSteels, the old sleeve is inside the case, together with an old set whose brand eludes me....), in order to have some warmth without going full flats. Of course if you change into fresh rounds it will unleash the beast. Or you may prefer going completely "old school" with flats, it's up to your style and taste. Coming in a tatty old tolex case that still does the job (one of the latches may not be sprung as it used to be but stays closed once set). If the buyer is interested in a proper aluminium flight case for this bass then TheGreek has got one for sale, drop him a message.

Shipping to mainland UK is £40 (this price may exclude some locations like islands, remote Scottish postcodes and NI, of course, so please contact me in advance if in doubt). Although this should be a UK only sale, established BCers from the EU with good feedback can contact me for a shipping quote, but just remember that customs will add aproximatively 25% tax on top of the price. Just take into consideration that the full value wil be declared for insurance purposes. Payment by bank transfer only, please.

I MAY have to go away at very short notice for 2 to 4 weeks, so I'll try to give a heads up as soon as I know.

Thanks for looking, you can now start drooling.... LOL

Edited by Apothem
  • Like 3

• Apothem changed the title to *** SOLD *** 1989 MusicMan Stingray 4 - Trans Red with maple birdseye neck - All original
  • gary mac locked this topic