Why become a member? ×

Opinions about Squier Precision Classic Vibe 70 2nd generation?

dave84

Hello everyone! I have been looking at this Squier with interest for some time and considering that I have never tried it I would like some opinion from those who own the new version made in indonesia. I would buy it mainly to do a review and sound test for my Youtube channel but I could seriously consider keeping it. Tell me yours!

sqcv.jpeg

Never tried one, but that looks saucy to my eye. Mirror pickguard, Badass bridge, you'll  have the chicks lining up backstage with that 🤪

The Indonesian Squiers do seem to be extremely well made and finished, to the point that they make a bit of a mockery of the price Fender ask for the Player and PP series basses.

I have the 1st gen Chinese version and it is exceptional. If it helps (and I don't know how true it is), I have heard that the Indonesian ones are more akin to the vintage modified line (also Indonesian). I have a VM jazz and although it is really very good indeed, it is a step down from the 1st gen classic vibe in my humble opinion.

There was another thread praising these the other month: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/453501-nbd-squier-precision-70s-bass/
I chipped in with a comment there - basically I prefer the Squier to the Maruszczyk Jake and Sandberg Cali VM I own/owned.  At the end of the day, it's all subject to personal preference; but I'd say definitely give it a go.