Why become a member? ×

Signature basses....turn on or turn off?

martthebass

I’ve got 2 signature basses. Both very different in their approach, the raw power of the passive DiMarzios in the Yamaha, the 18v 3 band Darkglass tone capsule in the Dingwall. The neck on the Yamaha feels enormous compared to the NG2 and my Warwick. Love them both though 

65D34712-B4D6-4A3F-8C62-D28A1CC009C9.png

Edited by ern500evo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

One appeal of the Flea jazz ... it hardly screams 'funk-rock slap-fest' and the signature neck plate is uber-tasteful.

I bought my Flea jazz a couple of years ago as an alternative to a roadworn jazz that I didn't want in the colours available.  It has turned out to be a superb bass - the only jazz that I can use the bridge pickup on a blues gig!  I didn't buy because of Flea's signature, more because of the features that don't seem to be available in any other fender Jazz at a reasonable price.  The stack knobs take time to explore but there are some different tones in there.

Frank.

• Like 2

I've just had to scroll through all the posts to check and see if I contributed before or not. There's some lovely Basses and I do have one Signature Bass I bought despite the 'Signature person' (although I don't see his name on it anywhere, does it even count)?

Its a Status GP, either Artist or Standard ( not sure as it is different to both the ones they show on their website having been roadworn at the factory), the GP being not Gram Parsons (how cool would that be) but Guy Pratt....

P1050320.thumb.jpg.fbe9e49077983fd1b4bd4c2e099e6873.jpg

• Like 1