Why become a member? ×

My stuff.....

Dennis Finch

Hi Guys and dolls,

I'm an old subscriber to Bass Chat but this is the 1st time I've ever written anything and I really hope I don't bore the pants off you. I don't actually know where to put this message so here it is here...

I'm almost an OAP and have been a muso since the age of 8 years, starting on brass valved instruments and at 14, I began to play the bass trombone which I adore! You can make seriously loud noises on it without any lugging of amplification :) 

At 15 years, I began to play the bass and during my entire playing career have spent an utter fortune on various assortment of basses and gear.

Nowadays, my collection is pretty sexy and totally over the top:-

1) Roscoe Century Custom 5 with top of the range Bartolinis (Barts' are my all-time favourite electronics). This Roscoe is laminated across its thickness with 5 woods, a mahogany body, maple, wenge, maple, and a really thick burl amboyna top which is carved by Keith B Roscoe himself. This is worth a fortune!

2) 2 more Roscoes, a 4 and a 5, both of which, filled with Barts...

3) A Tune Hatsun TWB53 5 string Canadian bass made for the 2019 NAMM show.

4) A Yamaha TR1004RB 4 string.

5) An Mike Tobias design Kingston fretless with Barts'

6) A fake Rickenbacker with Seymour Duncans fitted. (I've had 4 previous real Rickys but I didn't like their playability. I thought a cheapo one wouldn't be such an expense.

7) A SIRE V7 just like the look of Marcus's Fender Jazzes prior to his Fender Custom.

😎 On the way from Thomann is a SIRE P7 PJ bass with the same preamp as the V7 Jazz. It's the only one I could find with an ebony fingerboard. (I'm a tad worried about any potential HMRC payment I'll have to pay!)

Amp wise, I have a Bergantino B|AMP with Berg cabs, a CN112 and a CN210, all of which I think are the ultimate amplification on the planet. Also, l have an EBS Magni 250 watt 1x15" combo which satisfies my rehearsal and smaller gig usage...EBS gear is so loud!

Last but not least, my bass trombone is a Yamaha YBL 830 G Xeno Custom, 2 rotary valve system. Oh, and I've got a load of various pedals on a pedaltrain board.

I love all my various instruments and I haven't mentioned all my 6 string guitars because that would make this even more boring and I'm extremely rubbish!

Apologies for wasting your time if you've bothered to read it.

Take care, and keep safe, and well.

Kind regards.

Den Finch.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 20/10/2021 at 11:22, Dennis Finch said:

...14, I began to play the bass trombone which I adore! You can make seriously loud noises on it without any lugging of amplification :) 

Last but not least, my bass trombone is a Yamaha YBL 830 G Xeno Custom, 2 rotary valve system....

Kind regards.

Den Finch.

Hello Den,

Any videos of you in action with the bass trombone?

I'm a massive fan of the bass 'bone.