Why become a member? ×

Best Headphones for Practise?

thebrig

I bought a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20x after recommendations on here and they're excellent. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD20somethings which they replaced that have now gone into the office (aka bedroom 4) which were also good but are now obsolete.

Another vote for Beyerdynamic DT770s here. Just replaced the cushions on mine too👍. All my home practice is through these and usually playing along to tunes on my iPad. Used to use them for recording.

i think mine are the 32ohm version - https://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt_770_pro_32_ohm.htm

good length cable. You often see these being used by pros on the telly.

edit - I’ve got the 80ohm ones!

Edited by Waddycall

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my ageing Sennheiser HD280pro's with audio-technica ATH-WS1100's, bit over budget but the difference in the bass response is breath taking.

I use my headphones for practice a lot with the Sennheiser's I always struggled to get decent bass even with effects pedals, but the Audio Technica's sound great plugged straight in to my laptop via a Behringer UM2 interface

I'm using Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm versions. Love the tone from them. Not overly bassy and everything comes across clear.

Had Sennheisers before these (cant remember the model) thought they were good but they were a bit more bassy and not as clear as the DT770's 

Dave

• Thanks 1