Why become a member? ×

Sold ease remove....Shuker Jazz 2004 Sunburst / Maple. Villex / Hipshot D
£800
Kings Lynn / London

basslondon

OVERVIEW:

Lovely example of some of Jon's more traditional work.

It's kitted out with the superb Villex Pickups , great as they add a mid-choke in addition to the more traditional hi-choke afforded by conventional passive basses. The Mid Choke enables a smiley eq curve to be achieved with out the noise of an active preamp. This thing has Marcus tone for days...and no batteries required.

It also comes with a Genuine Hipshot D tuner, great for those moments when you need to drop the E down to plumb the sonic depths available below conventional tuning.

I'm not utterly sure about the reverse machine head origins. I know Jon uses Schaller and Hipshot currently but I don't know if this was the case back then. ABM maybe? 

There are a few dings on the bottom underside of the bass ( picture) genuine use not designer road rash. There is a ding on the neck just north of the neck plate ( pictured) but due to the thick poly laquer it doesn't reach the wood below, but it's there.

TONE: 

You can dial in Marcus tone Immediately. Especially if you tug on the mid choke. The front pickup gave me a particularly pleasing Robbie Shakespeare dub experience on a session recently. In essence the 70's Jazz tone is there in full effect.

It's not a lightweight at 4.5 kg but not a backbreaker by any means. And I've done long gigs with it without issue ( not the same can be said of my go-to, a 5 string Status Empathy 😏

Any further questions ? Then feel free to drop me a line. I'm based in West Norfolk, but travel to London each week to work so pickup is available in two locations. I will post at buyers expense and will pack appropriately.  

Have a good week!

IMG_20211019_114110.jpg

IMG_20211019_114018.jpg

IMG_20211019_114054.jpg

IMG_20211019_114139.jpg

IMG_20211019_114209.jpg

IMG_20211019_114228.jpg

IMG_20211019_114252.jpg

IMG_20211019_114340.jpg

IMG_20211019_114407.jpg

IMG_20211019_114448.jpg

IMG_20211019_114532.jpg

IMG_20211019_114554.jpg

IMG_20211019_114615.jpg

Edited by basslondon
  • Like 9

• basslondon changed the title to Shuker Jazz 2004 Sunburst / Maple. Villex / Hipshot D

I owned this bass for many years after buying it on here. Everything that’s been said is true. The range of tones from this bass is outstanding for a passive bass. I commissioned a 5 string version of this bass from Jon with the same electronics and pickups. Whoever buys it will not be disappointed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Higgie said:

I owned this bass for many years after buying it on here. Everything that’s been said is true. The range of tones from this bass is outstanding for a passive bass. I commissioned a 5 string version of this bass from Jon with the same electronics and pickups. Whoever buys it will not be disappointed. 

Thank you. Maybe you can clear up who makes the machines on this. They feel great but I have no idea of their origin...😀

Edited by basslondon

4 hours ago, basslondon said:

Yes it's Volume, Balance, Mid Choke, Tone control. 

Sorry let me confirm that properly. Looking down at the bass controls from your playing position... in a left to right direction....Volume, PICKUP Balance, Mid Choke ( mid cut) , and finally the control nearest the Jack socket is a conventional ( passive) Tone control which rolls off the treble. Hope that's clearer.

• basslondon changed the title to Sold ease remove....Shuker Jazz 2004 Sunburst / Maple. Villex / Hipshot D
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic