Why become a member? ร—

Saw a great gig... but the sound was awful ๐Ÿ˜•

EJWW

39 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

ย 

I saw Rush at Wembley Arena on the Hold Your Fire tour too. The bass sounded fine to me, but the singing was a bit off. Was it a different night or a different location?

What, a different Wembley Arena? :lol:ย it could well have been bad luck on where I was in the hall... it's always been a bit of a lottery in there.

The sound for Metallica at Twickenham on their last tour was awful, although I was sitting near the top ofย the stand to the left of the stage. The sound was better when I shoved my fingers in my ears though.

It was bad through the support acts but we sat in hope that either they would sort it out or we would get used to it - wrong on both counts.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

What, a different Wembley Arena? :lol:ย it could well have been bad luck on where I was in the hall... it's always been a bit of a lottery in there.

ย 

It was a horrible building for a gig - only went the once. Very cold!

Just checked, they played 3 nights so could have been a different night

• Like 1

Sound in a venue can vary greatly depending on where you stand/sit. I have heard people slagg off the Glasgow Hydro but we went to see NIN and had seats right at the front of the balcony. The sound was superb. Likewise for Def Leppard. I bought us really good tickets for a Valentines day present for my Mrs. We were sitting on a raised platform on the floor level quite near the middle. The sound was incredible.

We saw Black Stone Cherry and we had seats. The sound was terrible. Next time they came we bought standing tickets. Again the sound was terrible. A third time they came again and we bought standing tickets. Halestorm supported and had a great sound, then Shinedown came on and had a great sound. Then BSC came on and had a dreadful sound. Thats when we decided we are not going to bother with BSC live anymore. Great on CD but not so hot live. On the whole I have had decent sound in the Hydro but still hear people saying it's terrible. The old SECC ย was always bad for sound. I never saw anyone in there who had a good sound.

1 hour ago, ubit said:

Sound in a venue can vary greatly depending on where you stand/sit. I have heard people slagg off the Glasgow Hydro but we went to see NIN and had seats right at the front of the balcony. The sound was superb. Likewise for Def Leppard. I bought us really good tickets for a Valentines day present for my Mrs. We were sitting on a raised platform on the floor level quite near the middle.

ย 

Going to see Tool next year. We are in the middle parallel to the sound booth. FIgured it should sound good there!

• Like 1