Why become a member? ×

Duesenberg Starplayer Bass - WITHDRAWN
£1050
Belper, Derbyshire

Tripehound

Beautiful German-built Duesenberg Starplayer bass in Trans Orange c/w with Duesenberg hard case. 

I bought this because I wanted an orange bass, a semi-hollow bass and a short-scale bass and this does all three and does it well! These days however I'm strictly playing my J basses and the money could be better used elsewhere hence the sale.

Cash sale and collection preferred but being centrally located I'm negotiable about meet-ups at a reasonable distance.

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4462.JPG

Edited by Tripehound
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, BCH said:

Hi, looks stunning. Have you had this from new, what year? What is the condition & actual weight?

Best… B

Aside from some very faint marks on the back of the body which can only be seen in a certain light whilst holding at an angle, and a slight bit of cloudiness on the chrome of the trapeze tail-piece it's in very good condition - no dings, scrapes, scratches or evidence of misadventures. Not sure of the age and as I bought via eBay in 2019 I'm at least the second owner. Weight clocks in at around 7.5 lbs using the traditional bathroom scales - not a heavy instrument but undoubtedly a very pretty one. It's a short scale but uses medium-scale strings due to the tailpiece. 

Here's a link to me playing it on New Years Eve 2019 - using a Helix straight into the PA with a patch based on a GK model. Apologies for the sound quality - straight off the camera.

• Like 1

• Tripehound changed the title to Duesenberg Starplayer Bass - WITHDRAWN