Why become a member? ×

Solidgold Supa Funk dual envelope filter

fretmeister

36 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Could you have boosted the bass output a touch with a preamp before the filter? 

Actually on that score, my basses have passive pups and electronics, I've got some effects where the signal needs to be boosted, and a few which are easily overdriven. Consequently ive ended up using the EHX parallel tri mixer. Apart from being able to run fx in parallel, which is fun, and being able to switch between fx loops, you can also control the amount of signal on each channel and there's a fair amount of boost if you need it. 

Bought it on a whim, thought it might be interesting but can't live without it now. It's the hub of my board.

4 minutes ago, Boodang said:

Actually on that score, my basses have passive pups and electronics, I've got some effects where the signal needs to be boosted, and a few which are easily overdriven. Consequently ive ended up using the EHX parallel tri mixer. Apart from being able to run fx in parallel, which is fun, and being able to switch between fx loops, you can also control the amount of signal on each channel and there's a fair amount of boost if you need it. 

Bought it on a whim, thought it might be interesting but can't live without it now. It's the hub of my board.

Yup, it does look like a really good piece of kit and very good value too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

@bassfan what are your thoughts on it so far?

I got 20 minutes with it last night and I like it. It’s more subtle than the fwonk and combined with the OC5 gives me some usable sounds for Bruno Mars tracks we do.  Assuming they cut through in the live mix! 😃

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I got 20 minutes with it last night and I like it. It’s more subtle than the fwonk and combined with the OC5 gives me some usable sounds for Bruno Mars tracks we do.  Assuming they cut through in the live mix! 😃

Cool. Glad you like it. I knew pretty quickly it wasn’t for me. I prefer the less subtle kind and use the C4/Spectrum/FI for the synthy stuff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Cool. Glad you like it. I knew pretty quickly it wasn’t for me. I prefer the less subtle kind and use the C4/Spectrum/FI for the synthy stuff. 

Yeah. I like it’s tone. Seems to work well with the oc5 and the seamoon. Didn’t have any issues with the pick ups I. The Shuker (active - lanepoor) I’ll try the sadowsky over the weekend 

B22FD314-BC39-4E7D-A682-AFFA86365941.jpeg

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Yeah. I like it’s tone. Seems to work well with the oc5 and the seamoon. Didn’t have any issues with the pick ups I. The Shuker (active - lanepoor) I’ll try the sadowsky over the weekend 

B22FD314-BC39-4E7D-A682-AFFA86365941.jpeg

I found that my low-output pickups didn’t seem to be strong enough to trigger it over anything but a very small range of the sensitivity knob; guess the active preamp in yours will help with that. Hoping to try the Fwonkbeta again next week courtesy of @CameronJ. Quite enjoying the Qtron nano I just picked up.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I found that my low-output pickups didn’t seem to be strong enough to trigger it over anything but a very small range of the sensitivity knob; guess the active preamp in yours will help with that. Hoping to try the Fwonkbeta again next week courtesy of @CameronJ. Quite enjoying the Qtron nano I just picked up.

I love the fwonk to, enjoy! I wished we played more funk to justify using more squelch. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I'm a great believer in not leaving the output level and impedence of a bass to chance. So each bass, I use 3 live, goes into a small mixer where the gain structure is set so each bass has the same level to master. The effects send/return loop is the pedalboard and within the pedalboard there is a EHX tri mixer where I set the gain for the pedal loops.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/04/2022 at 12:10, Quatschmacher said:

Do you have a spectrum and a c4? Can you not programme the c4 to do a “spectrum”? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

Do you have a spectrum and a c4? Can you not programme the c4 to do a “spectrum”? 

Yes I do. Yes, C4 can cover all the same sounds, but doesn’t have as many hands-on controls as Spectrum (the latter has direct access to 8 parameters via the knobs whereas the former only has 6).

• Like 2