Why become a member? ×

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2..

Mickyk

Now my Zoom B14  is no more,Just a quickie ?If I were to plug a lead into the earphone socket on the Scarlett 2i2 and plug the other end into the effects return on my AMP would i get the same result, but instead of the sound coming through my headphones would the sound be coming through my AMP speaker. I would try it  but I don't want to damage my AMP seeing as the Zooms goosed.😁😅

• Confused 1

Has your amp got a dedicated “Aux Input”? That would be the best way to connect your Scarlett’s headphone output to your amp.

Connecting your Scarlett’s headphone output to your your amp’s FX Return shouldn’t damage anything, but I suspect the signal level will be off, plus you’ll lose the stereo aspect of of your signal since FX returns are mono.

I realise the amp will output a mono sound through your cab anyway but connecting via a dedicated Aux input will at least receive the stereo signal and sum both channels to mono properly, rather than just getting rid of the left or right channel of audio completely, which is what an FX return is likely to do.

Hope that makes sense…!

Little confused here...I truth don't wholly understand the question or the reasoning behind it.

The Scarlet 2i2 is purely a USB powered audio interface with monitoring facility; you can take an audio out from either of the rear 1/4" jacks and push that to powered monitors or amp, same goes the headphone output, but the headphone output will be a bit hotter than the rear sockets.

The Scarlet won't offer you any processing other than the potential to push a hotter signal into the amp.  You'd get pretty much the same result just plugging into the front of your amp.

55 minutes ago, Bolo said:

A computer hooked up to the Scarlet would do the processing right?

Still, use the normal outputs to connect to the FX return on your amp.

The Scarlet gets the signal into the DAW on computer via the USB; it simply converts the analogue input to digital to facilitate this for recording.  [Edit: it also allows for live anologue monitoring.]

As a rule, effects (or processing, similar emulation as to what the Zoom did), would be applied via a VST plugin after you've recorded.  I understand you can use VSTs on the fly, but they will be laggy, which makes them unusable in a live context.

Edited by NancyJohnson

If I understand right, then yes, that will work.

I use a MacBook running Logic Pro to do the processing for my solo bass stuff - I’ve used Ableton live too a few times, Logic work better.

Bass into the interface - I use an older generation Apogee Duet, a Focusrite will work perfectly - that’s connected via USB to the MacBook, the headphone/monitor out from the interface into the normal input an amp or a PA.

There’s no latency - I’m not sure why there would be tbh.

• Like 1