Why become a member? ×

New Amp recommendations.....

Freddi375

Hi all,

I have been using a Streamliner 900 for a fair few years now, and along with my TC RS212 cab and fender elite 4 jazz bass, I have the perfect sound for me.

Now looking to purchase another amp so that I have a back up, but looking to get something a bit newer which still has the heft of the streamliner in the class d package. 

Would also consider a bass power amp (class d size) which I can plug my Sadowsky preamp pedal right into.

Any recommendations appreciated...

Thanks

Freddie

5 hours ago, Freddi375 said:

Hi all,

I have been using a Streamliner 900 for a fair few years now, and along with my TC RS212 cab and fender elite 4 jazz bass, I have the perfect sound for me.

Now looking to purchase another amp so that I have a back up, but looking to get something a bit newer which still has the heft of the streamliner in the class d package. 

Would also consider a bass power amp (class d size) which I can plug my Sadowsky preamp pedal right into.

Any recommendations appreciated...

Thanks

Freddie

If its just a backup though I would the Bugera Veyron would be the obvious choice as its seems to be intended as a streamliner clone especially given the price: https://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_bv1001t_veyron_bass_head.htm

For a full fat modern replacement then Genzler is run by the guy who used to own Genz Benz I believe: https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/genzler-amplification/genzler-magellan-mg-800-two-channel-bass-head