Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand or Barts in my MTD

BassApprentice

Hello! 

So I've had plenty of basses but I've never had any with Barts or a Nordstrand in it so looking for some advice. 

I play at home just for fun so live sound is less important for now. I like to play a range of styles, from rock to funk and slap style so something that covers all bases is great rather than a one trick pony. It'll be going in my MTD Kingston as I feel the current setup isn't quite working for me but the rest of the bass is great! 

I know MTDs are generally paired with Barts and I like the tone that you see and hear players with MTDs have, but you can't avoid the good press Nordstrand get. 

Happy to take suggestions for preamp upgrades too

PXL_20210517_185750844.jpg

Edited by BassApprentice

• BassApprentice changed the title to Nordstrand or Barts in my MTD
  • 7 months later...
On 16/10/2021 at 18:08, Owen said:

It might be that a decent preamp is all you need. It is possible that the pickup will be just fine and dandy. 

I definitely found that to be the case with mine! One other thing I did was change the pickup wiring to parallel (comes wired series stock) to get an even better OG Stingray tone. That paired with a Bart NTBT preamp was 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVptBxEjETB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Thanks 1