Why become a member? ×

VEILLETE RETRO SINGLECUT 4 STRINGS EUR 1100
£1015
NORTHERN ITALY

Olaf N

Selling my Retro Singlecut Veillette. 

This one is a peculiar beast…usually Veillete made Retro singlecuts strictly passive, with a string-through bridge. 

This one has got a single rail bridge, but no stringing through option and a very powerful Audere onboard  (although the flat eq sound is still very usable imho… love those Citron HB!)

Zero fret, maple neck and wenge fingerboard, poplar top but I don’t know the body wood (I lost the mail that Martin Keith, who used to work for Veillette at the time, sent me with all the specs. Nice and helpful guy, by the way)

I am not the original owner, but the bass was in very good shape when I bought it. Only some negligible cosmetic issues, some scratches and all that… but I had it refinished and set up by a very competent luthier. 

It looks and feels fresh out of the factory. The bass is well cared for and it has served me well. 

As far as my wife thinks, I am selling it because I have too many basses… 😇 (little does she know about that jazz bass I have already set my eyes on…)

The new Retro , as listed in the “in stock” section of Joe Veillette website is on offer for USD 2100 and it is a very different instrument today, with a single neck pickup. 

Comparison is not easy.

I am looking for 1100 euros. The bass is located in Italy (as the bass owner) Shipping is not included in the bass price, but can easily be arranged at buyer’s cost  - I have a good track record of sturdy packages sent around Europe

Comes with a Veillette soft bag and I will pop in a set of fresh strings for the lucky new owner. 

Should you need more pictures and sound files, feel free to PM 

Thank you and have a nice day

Nicola

20211015_092604.jpg

20211015_092622.jpg

20211015_092716.jpg

20211015_092700.jpg

20211015_092641.jpg

Edited by Olaf N
Price reduction
  • Like 3

Right you are..

I spotted some red Citron basses on reverb a while ago and they looked stunning. I guess the sound is on par. Nice purchase on your part!

The Singlecut is well built, with great balance in your lap or with a strap. 

On 15/10/2021 at 19:58, TheGreek said:

@philw was/is the UK importer for Veillette. He's had a few crackers...

Not any more but I'm still occasionally in touch with Joe and he's still building some amazing guitars and basses.

That red singlecut retro looks an awful lot like the demo model I bought when I first started working with Joe, but I'm pretty certain mine was passive. Anyway it was a really lovely bass. Anybody who goes for the sale one will I'm sure be very happy.

P

• Thanks 1

• Olaf N changed the title to VEILLETE RETRO SINGLECUT 4 STRINGS EUR 1100
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...