Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS-60B

Guest BassAdder27

I’ve been trying out the Zoom MS-60B after hearing on here good reports 

Using a compressor only at this stage to use instead of the Ashdown onboard one.

What I now need is something in the MS-60B that can be turned on for a slight bass lift during guitar solos etc 

Ive tried the Drives but I don’t care for them ( not a great overdrive on bass lover ) 

Any ideas please to make the bass come up in the mix a bit more ? 

I did think maybe a mid boost using the MS60 EQ options 

I’m running the compressor always on

Ok I’ve sorted it I think 

Ok I’ve set up my compressor as always ON 

Next added the SVT amp sim and turned off the speaker sim, turned ultra low and high off, gain down to around 35 and level set around 35 

Mids boosted slightly 

Now I get a volume lift, a mids boost and a touch of grind to fill out the sound. I leave the patch on SVT so I can use the footswitch when I need the boost.

This is a great little pedal for numerous applications and a decent tuner too !

15 hours ago, SumOne said:

There's someone adding their own synth presets and putting a 'Bass Synth Mod' sticker on second hand MS-60Bs and adding about £50 to the RRP. Good luck to them I guess!

image.thumb.png.16da5d1038a5ac590c07a13878372e89.png

https://reverb.com/uk/item/45324793-zoom-ms-60b-multistomp-bass-synth-mod 

According to this YT vid it's just the latest firmware and a collection of 50 patches built around the different synth models (calling it "reprogram" or "software update from scratch" is a little pretentious). I'm deep into the custom firmware rabbit hole for this generation and no, they haven't created any new effects, it's just a collection of patches you can perfectly do on your own if you know what you want and understand what each effect/parameter does.

3 hours ago, andruca said:

According to this YT vid it's just the latest firmware and a collection of 50 patches built around the different synth models (calling it "reprogram" or "software update from scratch" is a little pretentious). I'm deep into the custom firmware rabbit hole for this generation and no, they haven't created any new effects, it's just a collection of patches you can perfectly do on your own if you know what you want and understand what each effect/parameter does.

Yeah I thought it was a bit cheeky, quite resourceful to try to make money from it though - I suppose some people don't want to do any mucking about witht the effects. Personally I'd say ity's fairly straight forward, there aren't a huge amount of parameters that can be adjusted and yuou need to adjust things to personal taste/setup etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassAdder27 said:

Decided to sell mine as it’s really good but not sure I need it. 

This is how I go with pretty much any digital pedal with a USB that I've owned, they seem great to begin with but once I realise I keep mucking about going through menus and firmware updates and hooking up to a computer and saving presets rather than just playing and clicking on a specific pedal that does a specific job they start feeling like a chore rather than fun. I haven't got anything against digital pedals sounds so am fine with ones that you couldn't tell are digital or not (like the EBS dPhase).

One exception is the Source Audio Gemini because I found 6x modulation effects plenty and the hardware controls are decent and relevant to all of the effects so it's good to do the initial Laptop setup to fine-tune those 6 then I never plugged it in again and it felt like an analogue pedal with 'what you see is what you get'.