Why become a member? ×

NBD: Something a bit smaller

Woodinblack

On Sunday I took a trip down to what is becoming for me, a standard bass trading place, which is IKEA (in Bristol this time, rather than Exeter as it was last time). This was to meet up and pickup this bass that I had played at the South West bass show, one of @Jabba_the_guts fantastic little basses. Fell in love with these things a few bass bashes ago and finally have one.

I am sure most people have seen them unless they don't go into the makers threads, or the short scale thread where I posted it, and if not, there is a link at the bottom of its birth, as well as some much better pictures!

This is so fun to play and also easy to use in the house as they are so small (27" scale). It sounds very full and bassy, with single / parallel series switch. And of course LEDs, with two options, very bright or OMG I think i have gone blind :D

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

Heres the other pictures of it, and its creation thread.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dave moffat said:

Lovely instrument, sounds great too. Think I've got it's mate (without the LEDs) coming when Jabba gets back to me to sort out payment, P&P. I found it sits perfectly either standing or sitting and my hands fell naturally into place.

The spalted one with the EMGs? Oh you wont regret that one at all, I found it really comfortable to play at the bash but sitting in a chair at home it is even better. I will gig this the next time we gig, it sounds a lot bigger than it looks.

• Like 1

Took it to a practice yesterday with my EHB1505MS as a backup. Switched between them but ended up using it for all songs, apart from one that needed a 5. It sounds so full and very bassy. It also has a higher output than the 1505 - which has the Nordstrand Big Splits, had to turn it down to stop overdriving the amp, it had a considerable volume difference.

So easy to play!

• Like 1

Hard to say in that as I am not generally a fender or MM player. I was playing dry with no effects (as it was a practice). The closest thing was unsurprisingly my SR5005, which also has a bart, but it also reminded me more of the Geddy Lee Jazz running in S1 mode (both pickups in series), which may not have been surrpising as I was running in series mode on the swtich). In single coil it sounded more like one of the older P basses, with the single pickup.