Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown Guy Pratt amplifier on the way?

NJE

46 minutes ago, cetera said:

Pretty ugly tbh and I don't like the cabs either....... sorry.... ymmv, imho etc....

I'm a huge fan of the futuristic/retro thing they're going for right now, definitely agree it can be marmite though.

25 minutes ago, eude said:

Am I alone in thinking, that of they could somehow make that Guy Pratt amp (G Pramp) smaller, maybe even by just a third all over, even if it was still heavy, they would sell a bunch more?

Eude

I'd certainly be interested in an Ashdown Medium Pratt Bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gjones said:

It looks like a Selmer Treble n bass on a pair of Wem columns

Actually I think that's the plan.

He's playing with Saucerful Of Secrets, at the moment, so he's looking for a 60s look (i.e. Wem columns and Selmer amp).

10 minutes ago, Rollin Thunder said:

Read an interview with Geezor a few weeks ago and allegedly   a Head of doom pedal/ preamp comi g out soon. Anybody else heard this. 

Yes, Mark Gooday gave a quick glimpse of it when he did a quick Facebook Live session showing folk around the pop up shop that was in Denmark Street last week. 

Here's a screen grab.

Picture2.png

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, franzbassist said:

Yes, Mark Gooday gave a quick glimpse of it when he did a quick Facebook Live session showing folk around the pop up shop that was in Denmark Street last week. 

Here's a screen grab.

Picture2.png

I need this in my life 😎

Really digging the style of it, but reading the blurb on the website it seems to be an ABM EVO-IV with a couple of controls shifted to pre-determined levels via the footswitch and some very specific requirements of the Taurus pedals.

Obviously, this was designed with a very specific user-case in mind, and rightfully so for Guy, but this isn't jumping out to me as something to add to my rig over my ABM EVO-IV.

32 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

Really digging the style of it, but reading the blurb on the website it seems to be an ABM EVO-IV with a couple of controls shifted to pre-determined levels via the footswitch and some very specific requirements of the Taurus pedals.

Obviously, this was designed with a very specific user-case in mind, and rightfully so for Guy, but this isn't jumping out to me as something to add to my rig over my ABM EVO-IV.

I'm surprised they came out with a 600w version when Guy has been using ABM900's. 

I do like the look but the price tag isn't moving me to ditch my EVO-IV for it.

35 minutes ago, BruceBass3901 said:

Actually I was just thinkig the same. It's not much different from an ABM, I think the only difference is the Taurus input. Besides, I thought there was no comp nor sub-harmonics (which I'd prefer, because I don't use any of that in my amp) but it seems that the amp has both, but not they are not configurable, which I think it's worse. I cannot say that I wouldn't buy one, but for that amount of money, I'd probably get a Dual VU ABM.

PS Maybe the valve drive is different. I'm not sure about that.