Why become a member? ×

UPS packaging

Owen

Hi all,

I am shiping a bass in a Hiscox case. You know the ones. I am entirely happy that it will protect the bass. However, if UPS manage to drive a fork lift truck over it and damage it, are they going to throw a hissy fit and tell me that it was not double packed and therefore is invalid for an insurance claim?

Thanks y'all.

Rats, I guessed as much. Even though a hard case is packaging. I used to keep a proper, full on, heavier than a small house, flightcase just for these moments. I am not sure why I got rid of it. Probably me thinking my days of buying and selling were over. Pretty naive, huh?

• Like 1

Most couriers insist on the case being wrapped in a cardboard outer box of some description due to covid reasons. I think if you surround the case in thick cardboard they can`t complain.

Try overlandexpress. I have used APC through them on loads of occasions now and they have been spot on. £10 for every extra £1000 insurance.  I must add though, nothing has been damaged or lost in transit with APC so I cannot speak for the cover.

It was someone on here that put me onto them and the one time a delivery was delayed, you can actually speak to a real person. Shocking I know.

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I received a custom bass from the luthier in its case, secured with liberal duct tape. He was adamant it was the best way, as to encourage couriers to take care.

My guess would be this works in some countries and some circles.
It certainly worked here, as relayed earlier: hundreds of sea kayaks sent with a mere plastic sheet around them, and only one damage.