Why become a member? ×

Ashdown prices

fretmeister

I'm presuming Ashdown don't have some sort of fixed retail pricing setup with their retailers, but a unit cost price, an RRP and the retailer sets the margin. If that is the case...

Why would they be pricing lower than their retailers and undercutting the very people who are selling their products? As a retailer I'd be a bit whizzed that the company I'm stocking is undercutting me and taking my sales.

It's impossible for Ashdown be able to track all of the prices their products are sold in-store and online with various retailers and be able to set a price online.

The deal is that anyone buying direct from Ashdown pays the price Ashdown are willing to charge for their products when selling direct.

You pays your money you takes your choice.

Edited by Bassybert
  • Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 12:01, fretmeister said:

Why are Ashdown amps so much more expensive to buy them directly?

EG: The ABM 600 is £749 direct from them, but as low as £619 in other places.

What's the deal there?

Why would a retailer buy from you if you competed with them on price? It is common  for manufacturers to offer goods at RRP or list price allowing retailers to “discount” as they see fit. 

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/10/2021 at 12:01, fretmeister said:

Why are Ashdown amps so much more expensive to buy them directly?

EG: The ABM 600 is £749 direct from them, but as low as £619 in other places.

What's the deal there?

That's common practice for manufacturers.  Buy from Mr. £619, he'll be grateful for the business  and Ashdown will still love you and look after you. 

I think this is a large part of the process called "The Circle Of Gas" 😁

• Like 1

Manufacturers don't want you to buy direct. They prefer you to buy through retailers (and they certainly aren't going to undercut their retailers for reasons mentioned above). It's a faff for them to have to package and ship a single unit to you when they can sell a container load to a retailer or wholesaler. Some offer direct sales to cater for those who have no retailer to buy from.

• Like 1