Why become a member? ×

NBD Cort

dave moffat

Action Bass Deluxe Plus, cherry red sunburst.

I gave in to long term GAS today, I've been pondering adding a 5er to my stable for a while but for some reason it became irresistible today so went in to my local shop where I'd seen a Cort that looked like a decent enough tool to dip my toe into five string waters. The one I'd been resisting was gone but there was a better model that was still at a price I'm OK with. Had a play on it and while I found the extra string will take some getting used to I thought it was worth a punt. If I don't get on with it I won't be too bothered letting it go for something else. It's being set up and light strings added, I'll collect it tomorrow.

• Like 1

The one with the Markbass Preamp? Very nice!👍🏻 

I had a couple of Cort 5 strings (GB75s) which were wonderful. Also owned three GB four strings, equally as capable and I still hanker after a B5 plus AS RM with the Markbass preamp and roasted maple/panga panga neck.

Good luck with the five. Worth persevering with imo

Keir

• Like 1

Nice. Cort make excellent basses - got a 5 string jazz that I really enjoy. 

Much advice on here about playing fivers. I did it by starting off playing around the 5th fret. All seemed to fall into place after that (makes playing in F, EB and D an absolute breeze).

• Like 2

Thanks folks, to be fair I was (still am a bit) wary about this purchase. Yes its got the Markbass preamp. Playing on the 5th fret was sort of what I was thinking about, OK so my fretting was all over the place but I was able to cover the whole board without any problems so hoping it's just a case of getting stuck in and familiarising myself with it. It'll at least fit in with my Markbass ninja cab that should be here any day now.

• 3 weeks later...