Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Classic Vibe 60s Precision body - Sonic Blue
£150
Glasgow

Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass body in Sonic Blue. This is from the first run of CV basses made in China in 2008. I had wanted one for a while and picked one up about a year ago, realised I didn't get on with the neck and sold it, then realised the replacement neck was a bit gubbed. I've decided to do something different altogether.

This is in good condition, with just a few small marks/dents/chips, the worst of which are from the bridge cover so are actually concealed when the cover is fitted. There's another chip by the neck pocket where the clear top coat has gone and the original colour below shows through. This has faded a bit over the last 13 years or so, the pictures make it seem brighter than it is, but the close ups of the bridge the truest reflection of the colour. The pickguard is stock and used to be white but has faded to a cream colour. It's still white under the tug bar.

This has been modified to take a standard bridge; the stock high mass bridge has a wider screw spacing, so the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th screw holes have been filled and re-drilled to allow a BBOT bridge to be fitted. The BBOT and stock bridge are included in the sale. The bridge cover is included as well and I'm sure I can find a couple of screws in my box to fit it with. The wriring has been replaced with CTS pots, Orange Drop cap and Switchcraft jack socket with cloth covered wiring. The stock pickup is fitted, as is the tug bar and some new flat top knobs. Also includes the neck plate and screws.

EDIT: I checked and it's not an Orange Drop cap, it's a little green one that was repurposed from a KiOgon wiring loom.

Any questions, just let me know. Price is £150 plus shipping (about 15 quid with UPS or Parcelforce)

20211007_132940.jpg

20211007_132953.jpg

20211007_132959.jpg

20211007_133005.jpg

20211007_133027.jpg

20211007_133059.jpg

20211007_133104.jpg

20211007_133127.jpg

20211007_133151.jpg

20211007_133156.jpg

20211007_133220.jpg

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Looks like Daphne Blue to me... but there's so much variation as sonic blue gets darker as it ages and daphne blue turns turquoise if the lacquer yellows, and they both change depending on the lighting...

Yep, the top picture definitely makes it look Daphne, but if I compare the picture to the body in front of me, the colours are a fair bit apart. It's much paler in the flesh, but is a bugger to photograph properly. Sonic Blue was the colour according to Squier.

Funnily enough, I always thought the Squier Vista Musicmasters were offered in Surf Green; it was only recently I found out it was actually meant to be Sonic Blue! Looks eff all like this one!

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 1

• Jono Bolton changed the title to SOLD Squier Classic Vibe 60s Precision body - Sonic Blue