Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1975 RI (95/96 - Japan) *WITHDRAWN*
£850

Pow_22

With a heavy heart I offer….

Fender Jazz Bass 1975 RI Made in Japan.  Burst/black/rosewood/block/bound – the best jazz bass combo IMHO.  This was rescued from a local studio in a non working state (state being the operative word!).  No bell plate, weird active electrics (no extra routing), strings that looked like they had been on the Titanic, no string tree and a bridge completely ceased

So i:-

·         Installed a NOS set of Wizard 84s.  What a thump, soloing the neck pup gives a proper P bass wallop.  The bridge pup is nice a burpy but still holds a decent low end

·         New Kiogon Harness

·         New Kiogon Bell plate

·         New Kiogon knobs

·         Grooved/spiral saddle BBOT bridge

·         Elites nickels added (pic shows previous fender flats)

Bad parts that remain:-

·         Thumb rest added by previous owner but as you can see you can still see a screw hole just by the side of the rest.  New guard would easily sort

·         Nut is fully functional but looks a little rough

·         Someone obviously previously added a bridge cover so there are holes in the relevant places for that.

Finally there is a very slight lifting/bubbling of the decal.  This is fully legit tho and i will try and photograph it in as much detail and as close as i can.

Now, I know the old question that always gets raised on here is weight – this is an ash bodied bass and weighs as such.  It isn’t light but is fine on my 3.5’’ Levys strap which ill even chuck in if needed.  Can get a more accurate weight but for now lets just say it isn’t a light bass. It does however resonate beautifully when played unplugged.

Ive read on various sites this is as close to an old 70’s vintage Fender J as it gets without the massive price.  I cant compare but it is lovely and im not even that big a fan of J’s!

Condition – well as you can see its had a life, some people pay for this kind of ‘relicing’ 😊  Its not a museum piece, it’s a player.  Through my mesa 360 it’s the first Jazz ive had that doesn’t sound ‘thin/weedy’ (im a P bass player so you can see where im coming from).

Has period correct features including bullet truss, 3 bolt neck plate with ‘tilt’ thingymabob.  Serial number – N***** dates it to 1995/1996

Only reason for sale is a lovely old P bass has come up on Reverb that I cant stop thinking about.  If that sells this listing will be pulled, that’s genuine too, not a ‘buy it quick’ tactic

Pricing –  Im not looking to recoup my whole outlay here but need a decent wedge towards the P bass.  Collection massively preferred and I can meet within reasonable distance if needed.

£850 ono collected from Bolton.

More proper pics to follow asap

445CAFA1-2F6E-4A84-A18F-067DD314E626.jpeg

79285A7F-D360-4AED-8506-9F2E46B5C2DE.jpeg

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 1

• Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Jazz 1975 RI (95/96 - Japan) *WITHDRAWN*
  • martthebass locked this topic