Why become a member? ×

Custom thumb rests advice.

mattbass6

Evening all. Advice appreciated please. I have 2 very lovely Spector basses (an LX4 and Euro Bolt 4) both with reverse P and J pups. I play very close to the bridge naturally, but sometimes, especially when playing the open E, move between the pups so would like somewhere to rest the old thumb. Does anyone know of custom made thumb rests to purchase? I don’t necessarily want the typical ramp, but if that is the only option, who are the best people to approach? Thanks in advance. Cheers ☺️🌟

6 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

...so would like somewhere to rest the old thumb...

Would something like this do the job..? ... 

ThumbRest_PickupBezel_resized.jpg

I printed this, and the p/up surrounds, on my 3D printer for @PaulThePlug (his photo...); he attached them with double-sided tape. I can print any (reasonable...) length or size; any use to you..?

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Would something like this do the job..? ... 

ThumbRest_PickupBezel_resized.jpg

I printed this, and the p/up surrounds, on my 3D printer for @PaulThePlug (his photo...); he attached them with double-sided tape. I can print any (reasonable...) length or size; any use to you..?

That may well work. The one you gave demonstrated would be too big, but if I got the right dimensions for you, maybe we could chat? Thanks so much ☺️🙏🏻

Indeed, I've done something similar! I also have a 3D printer so I made my own thumb rest that attaches to the pickguard mounting screws. It makes it much easier to change your tone by moving your hand position when you can anchor your thumb anywhere.

I'm also happy to help out with a solution if you need it :)

PXL_20211007_071223956.thumb.jpg.704afed3fc588c14fc4a3fdfc04157e8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1