Why become a member? ×

Zoot ZB-1000 sound demo

Bass Culture

Some of you, I know, were following the build thread for my Zoot ZB-1000, built for me by Mike Walsh and finished back in January.  Due to various supplier and Covid-related complications it was only several weeks later that I took delivery of it.  I think one or two of you were interested in what it sounded like and - albeit very late in the day - I've finally got round to demo-ing it for anyone who is still interested!  It's quite a lengthy vid as it has 21 core sounds courtesy of the 6-way varitone switch and the series/single/parallel switching for the pickup.  So, if you'll forgive my somewhat ropey playing, here is a new vid, with no waffle and all playing.  I play through the 6 positions of the varitone switch firstly with the pickup in parallel mode, then single coil, then series, and finally in those 3 positions with the varitone switched out completely.  Signal is taken (pre-amplifier) from the DI on my TC RH750 and recorded on a Focusrite Scarlett Solo.

Edited by Bass Culture
Updated video
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I enjoyed the minute of playing that we got! 9_9

Ha ha - so sorry!  It was only after I posted it and realised it had been cut (in half) that I also realised the first two minutes were of me waffling!  Now I sort of know what I'm doing in terms of recording and uploading I'll try and do something a bit more, er, focused and replace at some point over the weekend.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, deepbass5 said:

A huge range of sounds there fron one PUP.  I have long had the Zoot GAS.

Do it - you won't regret it.  I have another one on order too, based on another well known, iconic 80's bass.  Mike's delivery times have gone out to about 12 months now so I've still got a while wait for it though.