Why become a member? ×

Thomann

petetexas

Bought a DP120BK for a new build project £90 + postage . Project fell through a week later , so pickup not needed .

Pickup not even removed from box , all seals intact , so asked Thomann for a return number ,  as it was not needed .

I expected to pay a return postage fee but not the only two that they offered...........DHL Drop off £18 , DHL pick up from house £22 .

Basically told them to stuff it , andthat I would get more money selling the pickup on ebay !

I have had a 14 year account with Thomann , but I have now closed it .

Daylight robbery !

Pete

• Confused 1

To be fair to thoman, it costs a lot of money to send parcels from Europe to the UK, and vice versa. I'm sure they will subsidise the postage, but it doesn't seem financially feasible for them to subsidise returns. 

I'm afraid it's the cost of doing business with a European company in a post brexit world. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

To be fair to thoman, it costs a lot of money to send parcels from Europe to the UK, and vice versa. I'm sure they will subsidise the postage, but it doesn't seem financially feasible for them to subsidise returns. 

I'm afraid it's the cost of doing business with a European company in a post brexit world. 

That and re-stocking, selling it to someone else as B stock at a discount.... And so on.

• Like 3

Way to chuck the baby out with the bathwater!

The DHL options will make the re import paperwork straightforward for them. Sending through the regular post would make them jump a whole extra set of hoops in order to not lose out big time on VAT. Too bad for anyone that simply changes their mind.

The way I see it Thomman goes out of their way to continue to do business with the U.K. They do well to maintain competitive pricing and service across the border. Your loss if you abandon them.

Edited by Downunderwonder
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

It’s not even free in U.K. for returns unless it’s faulty, I suspect same for Thomann 

Copied and pasted from their website 

If the customer withdraws from this Contract, we must reimburse any payments we have received from the customer, including delivery costs (excluding any additional costs incurred if the customer has selected a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery option offered by us) without delay, but no later than fourteen (14) days after the day on which we receive the notice of the customer’s withdrawal from this Contract. We will use the same payment method the customer used for the original transaction in order to provide the reimbursement, unless otherwise expressly agreed; under no circumstances will the customer be charged a fee for this refund. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until the customer has provided proof that he/she has returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
The customer must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and no later than fourteen (14) days from the date on which he/she notifies us of withdrawal from this Contract. The deadline is deemed to be met if the customer sends the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline. We shall bear the costs of returning the goods.

10 minutes ago, Lord Sausage said:

Copied and pasted from their website 

If the customer withdraws from this Contract, we must reimburse any payments we have received from the customer, including delivery costs (excluding any additional costs incurred if the customer has selected a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery option offered by us) without delay, but no later than fourteen (14) days after the day on which we receive the notice of the customer’s withdrawal from this Contract. We will use the same payment method the customer used for the original transaction in order to provide the reimbursement, unless otherwise expressly agreed; under no circumstances will the customer be charged a fee for this refund. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until the customer has provided proof that he/she has returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
The customer must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and no later than fourteen (14) days from the date on which he/she notifies us of withdrawal from this Contract. The deadline is deemed to be met if the customer sends the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline. We shall bear the costs of returning the goods.

That’s interesting.. I’m very surprised at that 

They indeed offer the exact same full 30 days satisfaction warranty for U.K. customers, so you have nothing to pay for the return.

Screenshot_2021-10-07-17-36-10-030_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.06418e4a7f896144407a9429e7cf2288.jpg

Their lawyers are true donkeys, as U.K. is outside EEC, a simple sentence would void that free return warranty. 🤦‍♂️

I think in general Thomann do a sterling job, I bought a Squire CV Mustang from them... QC was awful fretboard was damaged. I took photos and they processed the return proving me with shipping labels etc and it was returned to them at no cost to me. Bit different I guess as the product was clear not up to standard.

If I bought something that I didn't use because my needs had changed.. well that's my responsibility. Sometimes things don't ways work out and for those times you just have to take it on the chin.

Advertise it on this forum, maybe someone will buy it from you. 

Thomann have always been extremely fair in their dealings and their customer service is Excellent.

I just checked Andertons returns policy and if the item is not faulty you have to pay return postage costs and they are UK based! 

• Like 1

Yep I think it’s the U.K. 

As mentioned even returning to U.K. stores if goods not wanted means customer pays.

Ive looked to see if any takers on eBay for the Airborne Pro but no takers 

I will see cost to return assuming they will as protective films removed from display ( which has very fine scratches on it that were not caused by myself) 

Oh the hassle !! 

1 minute ago, BassAdder27 said:

Yep I think it’s the U.K. 

As mentioned even returning to U.K. stores if goods not wanted means customer pays.

Ive looked to see if any takers on eBay for the Airborne Pro but no takers 

I will see cost to return assuming they will as protective films removed from display ( which has very fine scratches on it that were not caused by myself) 

Oh the hassle !! 

Removing the film wouldn't make any difference whatsoever to returns. And I've never found returning anything to Thomann the slightest bit of a hassle. It couldn't be easier. 

Political comments will be removed, so please refrain from posting any.

To be honest, I do think it would be unfair to expect Thomann or any retailer to cover return delivery costs if it's not a faulty item.  Can you imagine how much that could cost them?

However, surely you could arrange your own courier, they're not insisting on going through them, are they?  You can ship to Germany for a lot less than what they're quoting.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Kev said:

However, surely you could arrange your own courier, they're not insisting on going through them, are they?  You can ship to Germany for a lot less than what they're quoting.

It's not the couriering but the Customs forms that have to be tee'd up. With DHL they are on auto pilot. With anyone else it will have to be done manually.

• Like 1