Why become a member? ×

OMG...Stu Zender could play...

TheGreek

I think part of the problem for me was around the time Stuart Zender left, Jamiroquai seemed to head towards a more clinical, clean crisp dance/disco vibe.  Before that (and this is all IMHO) they had been a little bit rougher around the edges, a bit dirtier, a bit funkier.  

I don't know if that was due to the loss of Mr Zender's feel and tone, or a coincidence of the route they decided to take, but it is all too clean for me whenever I see footage of them playing now.

I loved Acid Jazz music at the time but always hated that over-produced, sterile pop sound they always seemed to get (i.e. Brand New Heavies, Young Disciples etc).  It is probably why I was such a Mother Earth fan...

Edited by Huge Hands
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jamiroquai's 1st 2 albums are the only two I really love. The later stuff is so much more sterile in comparison. That said, I love Paul Turner's playing and we'd all love to play with Derek McKenzie on drums every week.

I've met JK a few times. My wife works for Audi motorsport but was previously involved with Porsche at Silverstone and he has been a regular at events with both companies. He's a very likeable character and really polite and respectful. He isn't at all standoffish like many of the other big names.