Why become a member? ×

New Zoom Multi FX: Zoom B6

rushbo

Was interesting - thanks for sharing.

A very big Zoom fan here, but I'm not feeling any particular GAS to rush out and get the B6 - I'll happily stick with my B1-4 for now, based on the B6 blurb. If they get around to upgrading the B1-4 or B3N with the new chip in a more pedalboard friendly format, that would definitely be another matter! 

Definitely coming around to the idea of this pedal a lot - having now heard some more clips of what it's capable of!

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

I wonder if the FX loop can be placed in different places within the effects chain for different presets, that's something I find very useful in multi-fx units unless they replace every other pedal (and I'm yet to find one that does).  

• Like 1

Another Zoom Fanboi here, this new model appears to compete head on with the Line6 POD Go. I hope that it is capable of loading 3rd party IRs.

I'll wait to hear some feedback before allowing GAS to rise.

Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by JohnDaBass
Error

Get in!! Been waiting / hoping for this. 
Thanks for spotting it.

Im curious as to how many blocks can be used at once though…

answering my own question… the G6 allows 9 effects on a patch, but a ‘large effect’ counts for two. Adopting that on the B6, which is very likely, would mean, for example, the mark bass amp model is a small effect and use only 1 space  but the Ampeg one is double-sized so would take up 2 spaces of the 9.

Edited by funkydoug
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BassAdder27 said:

Priced at £478 available later this year 

First reaction. Ouch!!!

Delayed reaction...ok that new processor seems to be quite a step up from the B3N and B1-4 and Zoom are clearly intent on going toe to toe with Helix and Headrush.

Good for them - the more choice the merrier!

• Like 4

Headrush gig board looks like the most direct competition; 4 effect switches, touchscreen etc. 
I think they might struggle at that price but then again  everything is going up on price right now. Had this been released pre-clusterfunk it might have been sub- £400.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gafbass02 said:

I’m a huge fan of the zoom bass stuff, excited to see this. The B9.1 is my entire rig  these days as I’m ampless. (If anyone has one they’re not using I could use a backup!)

I’ll be keeping an eye on this for sure. 

I loved my B9.1. It's one of a few bits of gear I regret moving on - it was a big ol' thing, but it did everything I could ever want. I went from that, back to stomp boxes and then back to Zoom Multi FX again. As lovely as the B6 looks, my needs are pretty minimal now, so I don't think I'll be investing in one right now. I'm hanging on to my modified B3 - for the moment, anyway... 

• Like 1

The secret is out! I worked with Zoom on presets for this unit, it's very capable indeed. If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them! Bear in mind I have only used a prototype, so my experiences may be slightly different from the complete unit!

Edited by knicknack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

The secret is out! I worked with Zoom on presets for this unit, it's very capable indeed. If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them! Bear in mind I have only used a prototype, so my experiences may be slightly different from the complete unit!

Will the B6 allow use of 3rd party IRs?

34 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

Will the B6 allow use of 3rd party IRs?

Hi John - my guess is that B6 will mirror the capabilities of the G6 which "has six different amp models to choose from, with each amp being custom designed and tweaked for inclusion. There’s also an impressive 22 cabinet emulations, with 70 pre-loaded full impulse responses providing various options for microphone positions and rooms. If this wasn’t enough, you can also upload your own favourite impulse responses (IRs) via the SD Card slot."

That's taken from this review

• Thanks 1

On 05/10/2021 at 20:46, BassAdder27 said:

Priced at £478 available later this year 

The G6, the guitard version goes for about £350 now, so I expect that price will drop quickly.

I was saying to @Merton, if they get the price right, they could have a big seller on their hands, but if it's more or even the same as a Helix Stomp they may as well forget about it.

Eude

• Like 4

I like that it has a smaller footprint than the G6 with no wah pedal attached.

Shame that they didn't include parallel routing for fx: that would have been a welcome addition and something that Helix has been offering for 5+ years now - and @eude's point on pricing on.

The other competition we've not mentioned so far would be something like the Boss GT 1000 Core.