Why become a member? ×

M-Patch 2 Monitor Controller PSU replacement

2pods

Hope this is in the right place, but anyway the mods will move it if not...

Switched the gear on today (individually as usual, in case of overload) when I noticed no lights on my wee M-Patch 2 monitor controller

It's a few years old, and came with a Euro 2 pin plug which I've been using with  2 to 3pin fused adapter. I've tried the 2 to 3 pin adaptor with my razor cleaning wotsit, and that works OK, so I'm assuming it's the actual adaptor. 

It states on the back it's an "AC/DC Class II Transformer, Input 230v ~ 50Hz, Output 15v DC 200mA, model D35-15-200"

Not quite sure which bit of the input barrel to measure, but the diameter is big enough to nearly fit the width of one of 2 pins in.

It also seems to be middle of the barrel positive and the outside negative. Any chance of a link to a (preferably UK) replacement ?

TIA

20211004_155623.jpg

20211004_155721.jpg

20211004_155806.jpg

Are you sure that it's the PSU that is dead and not the device itself?

Do you have a multimeter for testing to see if the PSU is actually outputting anything?

Edit: I've just had a look at a review of the device and the signal path is completely passive the PSU is only required for the status LEDs and the headphone amp, so if it's not working the the unit itself has died.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 1