Why become a member? ×

Peach Guitars. This is how you take photos.

Maude

I've just been perusing a certain bass online, looking for decent images of the actual finish. Most online retailers have low quality generic pictures of the bass where, once zoomed, you just can't see any detail. 

Not Peach Guitars, oh no. Their photos are consistently the best available on line. I discovered this when looking at the Jack Casady basses, and I've just been trying to see what the colours of the Embassy look like. All pretty meh until you look on Peach Guitar's website, the green is lovely and the almond, oh my! 

Anyway, well done Peach Guitars for taking photos of the actual instruments rather than copy and pasting a poor, generic image. 

PMT photo

Peach photo

🙂👍

Edited by Maude
  • Like 8

I've bought several basses from Peach, excellent people to deal with.

I particularly like the fact that they show pictures of the instrument you are buying, not just one pulled off the manufacturer's website. 

Bought a Vintera Jazz Bass from them 2 or 3 weeks ago and was able to choose which of the two they had in stock I wanted, using their pictures as my reference. One of them had a pleasing swirl in the grain of the fingerboard that I liked, and it looked exactly the same when it arrived, less than 24 hours after ordering. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Maude said:

I've just been perusing a certain bass online, looking for decent images of the actual finish. Most online retailers have low quality generic pictures of the bass where, once zoomed, you just can't see any detail. 

Not Peach Guitars, oh no. Their photos are consistently the best available on line. I discovered this when looking at the Jack Casady basses, and I've just been trying to see what the colours of the Embassy look like. All pretty meh until you look on Peach Guitar's website, the green is lovely and the almond, oh my! 

Anyway, well done Peach Guitars for taking photos of the actual instruments rather than copy and pasting a poor, generic image. 

PMT photo

Peach photo

🙂👍

Gee thanks... Now I want that Epiphone...

Great pics indeed! I bought me HX Stomp from Peach and they were great to deal with.

• Haha 1

The difference here is more likely about PMT (plus GAK/Andertons etc) selling many different lines to the masses (and thus relying on stock photos), while Peach are dealing with small numbers and have the time to photograph their entire inventory.  Read into this what you want.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

The difference here is more likely about PMT (plus GAK/Andertons etc) selling many different lines to the masses (and thus relying on stock photos), while Peach are dealing with small numbers and have the time to photograph their entire inventory.  Read into this what you want.  

This definitely 👍

To the OP - The likes of PMT/dv247 etc advertise basses available, but if you buy them they will most likely come from central warehouse stock. They don’t and probably can’t physically hold all of the models on their web site. Don’t be fooled into thinking everything is peachy (excuse the pun) at the store you’ve mentioned. I’ve seen/played some of their very expensive custom shop basses that looked lovely in their photographs. In reality, they had been on hangers in the shop for months and were dusty and not quite as appealing. They had obviously also been played a bit as well.

• Like 1

I think that some of the worst photo`s are in the Guitarguitar second hand section. They claim to use a professional set up but I always find their photo`s very dark and hard to see any dings or defects in them even when they say there are some. 

I just bought a new left-handed Fender Jazz from them and included the Plek setup. I sent my preferred brand and gauge of string for them to use in the setup and they couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. They even got back in touch to say that the light gauge strings required a new nut to be installed and I braced myself for additional charges but it was all done for the already agreed price. 

Great bass buying experience, highly recommended store.

• Like 2

20091523278 - 7lb 9oz

I wonder if that means that this particular bass (that looks like a S/No to me) has been individually weighed for the listing.

If so, then credit is due for supplying a key spec that most manufacturers/retailers gloss over.

Unfortunately I must then deduct that very same credit for failure to mention the scale length!

🙄