Why become a member? ×

Zoom streamin Bass lesson audio advice

fiatcoupe432

Yep! In the audio settings menu on Zoom, just select your audio interface as the input (and output if you want to hear your teacher via the interface’s outputs) and it’ll work just fine.

if your interface has 2 inputs, you can have a bass and a mic plugged in at the same time and Zoom should receive the audio from both. That way you can speak as well as play. If not, just select the instrument input so your teacher can hear you play, and use text chat to speak to them.

There’s also an option for Zoom to transmit higher quality audio (for music-related situations) so you can consider enabling that, although it does warn that this will result in greater strain on all connected computers. I’ve never tried it but I imagine it will be helpful if you want stuff to sound good. Zoom is generally optimised for speech so I’d take any audio improvement I could get, personally.

5 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Yep! In the audio settings menu on Zoom, just select your audio interface as the input (and output if you want to hear your teacher via the interface’s outputs) and it’ll work just fine.

if your interface has 2 inputs, you can have a bass and a mic plugged in at the same time and Zoom should receive the audio from both. That way you can speak as well as play. If not, just select the instrument input so your teacher can hear you play, and use text chat to speak to them.

There’s also an option for Zoom to transmit higher quality audio (for music-related situations) so you can consider enabling that, although it does warn that this will result in greater strain on all connected computers. I’ve never tried it but I imagine it will be helpful if you want stuff to sound good. Zoom is generally optimised for speech so I’d take any audio improvement I could get, personally.

Thank you

So I'm using a babydlface Pro

When I select that only input one works (mic pre) the instruments input do not work in Zoom

That's the confusion