Why become a member? ×

Stentor Student - 'worn' but solid. £400 - *WITHDRAWN*
£400
Teignmouth, South Devon

MrTea

I picked this up with the intention of getting the work done on it to bring it back to life. It's solid and playable but the bridge probably needs some work and the neck has gouged 'position' markers in the side (which I think are actually wrong as the bridge was well out of position when I got it). That all said, it's playable and has plenty of volume. The body is in pretty good condition for its age and it's solid. 

When I bought it, it had a kids toy lodged inside and the bridge was well out of position. The tailwire snapped when I tried to bring it up to tension but all those issues have been sorted. I can't recall what strings are on it but they're good and fairly low tension. I drilled the bridge for a Wilson K4 (overkill?) So it does have 4 small drilled holes in it. The pickup has now been removed and is not included in the sale (nor is the wolftone eliminator pictured). 

I've now picked up another bass so can't see myself spending the money on this and can't really justify having 2 Double Basses. 

All in its a good solid beater bass and with some work could be a good gigging bass. 

I'll add some more photos later when I get a chance but any questions please let me know. 

Needless to say collection only preferred unless you can arrange your own private courier to collect and deliver the bass but any risk would be yours. 

PXL_20210919_191133267.jpg

PXL_20210919_191146784.jpg

PXL_20210919_191205890.jpg

PXL_20210919_191220320.jpg

PXL_20210919_191252568.jpg

Edited by MrTea
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • MrTea changed the title to Withdrawn: Stentor Student - 'worn' but solid. £400