Why become a member? ×

FS Ibanez Mezzo bass : withdrawn
£150
Croydon, London

shoulderpet

IMG_20211001_165943147.thumb.jpg.be57761c212e1855a0bc3e97f9385241.jpgHi

Am putting my Ibanez Mezzo up for sale,

General condition of the bass is very good but the pickguard is one that I have spray painted black so looks good enough to me but may not be to everyone's taste and will not be up to the high quality of a custom pickguard and on the underneath of the pickguard you can see where I had previously sprayed it Gold but this is not visible when on the bass.

With that disclaimer out of the way I would like to say that this is a great sounding bass, the P pickup has been swapped out for a Seymour Duncan SPB-2 Hot which is super fat sounding and sounds great.

The SD pickup covers were a bit worn looking (they came out of another bass of mine) so have been replaced with some plain covers but I can include the SD covers if required.

The stock preamp was crap so I have also taken out the stock preamp and gone fully passive with v/v/t configuration and with a series/parallel switch for the P pickup, this type of switch is actually pretty useful on this bass because due to the heavy overwind of the SPB-2 (dc resistance of around 22k) it still sounds plenty fat in parallel mode and with the P pickup in parallel and both pickups on gets pretty close to a J bass tone. 

The P pickup by itself is pretty versatile too, dig in and it really barks, play softly and it sounds super fat and round

The stock strap pins have been replaced with a red Dimarzio Clip lock strap which ensures that the bass stays securely on you, I do have a couple of eliptical end pins that I can include if this is preferred.

Collection from Croydon or London area OR shipping for an additional tenner (£130.00 shipped,£120 collected)

Edit: Withdrawn, realised how much I like this bass

thumbnail_IMG_20211004_084808080.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20211004_084937576_2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20211004_084955305.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20211004_090324854A.jpg

Edited by shoulderpet
collected only now

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS Ibanez Mezzo bass with upgrades now £130
12 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Times are hard , but I think that if you uploaded more pics you'd get more interest . Good luck with the sale ..

Thanks, have uploaded some more pics, new phone with a better camera is next on my list of things to get I think

• Like 1

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS Ibanez Mezzo bass with upgrades now £130 or £140 shipped
On 04/10/2021 at 09:50, fretmeister said:

What a bargain!

Yes, I'm almost robbing myself at this price but I need the space and just got a Fender Mustang so sadly this has to go.

The only thing wrong with this one is the spray painted pickguard (which is purely cosmetic and looks fine imo) but tbh you could buy this, replace the pickguard and still come in significantly cheaper than buying one new, and you get a Duncan SPB-2 and a series/parallel switch for the P pickup.

Edited by shoulderpet

• shoulderpet changed the title to FS Ibanez Mezzo bass with upgrades final price drop £120 or £130 shipped
  • shoulderpet changed the title to FS Ibanez Mezzo bass with upgrades final price drop £120 collected
  • 2 weeks later...