Why become a member? ×

Cheers from France !

Something

Hi folks,

I've just discovered this forum. Seems to be a good place to be :)

So I introduce myself.

My nickname is Something and I'm 33 and I play bass since 1994.

Felt in love with this beautiful instrument when I was a kid and heard "Getaway" by EWF on the radio. I said to myself that it sounded so sweet.
I asked for what kind of band it was and my dad told me "Hey it's one of the greatest band of all times and the guy on the bass is Verdine White"...

Sounds like a fairy tale isn't it ? :huh:

Never forgotten this name and that moment...And many years after I bought my first bass (a cheap vantage precision like).
Since this day I played many kind of basses (Fender Deluxe V, Tune Bass, Stingray V, Roscoe beck V, Warwick...).

These days I'm currently playing a Lakland 55-02 and I guess I could say that it's the most beautiful and comfortable bass I've owned...Even if I'm looking to trade it for a DJ5...

Otherwise I play bass in a cover band. we do Pop/rock covers of the Beatles, Ben Harper, Lenny Kravitz and several soul standards of Stax and Motown.

I'm not addicted to a particular bassist cause I prefer listening to the music in a general way rather than listenning to the bass.

However, I love Paul mc Cartney, Will Lee, Larry graham, Tal Wilkenfeld, Graham Maby, Verdine White and several french bass players that you've never heard talking 'bout before... :huh:

I do apologize by advance for my bad english but school and english lessons are very far from now...Maybe I'll have to use Google translation if you ever answer to my post.

See you.

Something.

Thank you Hamster !

For the choice of my instrument I'm torturing myself cause I don't know if a trade between my 55-02 and a DJ5 would be worth...
Thanks by the way...

I forgotten to say that I'm very fond of Level 42. Excellent english band (my prefered one with the Beatles...Nothing to compare ! :) ).

[quote name='Something' post='48741' date='Aug 22 2007, 09:56 AM']The same as yours mate... :huh:
(I'm here incognito, lookinf for advices between a 55-02 and a DJ5...But shhhh :ph34r: )[/quote]

Plenty of Laky owners on this forum. :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4553"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4553[/url]

Some of them were at the meet we had on Saturday just outside London.