Why become a member? ×

New from g&L?

AndyTravis

4 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

That's lovely! But it looks like it just has VVT controls? That would be a shame, the power behind the versatility of the L2k are the switching options and that passive 2-band EQ. 

If that's been made for who I think it was made for, a guy on TB and bassesbyleo called bdgotoh, he's not short of opportunities for appreciating the L2k – huuuuge collection of G&Ls.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

If that's been made for who I think it was made for, a guy on TB and bassesbyleo called bdgotoh, he's not short of opportunities for appreciating the L2k – huuuuge collection of G&Ls.

I shall check with the man to see if it is for him but I think he's more into Lulls these days. We shall see!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tubster said:

I shall check with the man to see if it is for him but I think he's more into Lulls these days. We shall see!

Hey Tony, 

It is true!  I also have two other custom orders being worked on - JB with alnico P pickups in Matador locations, and another JB with MFD P pickups in Matador locations.  I really love the feel and balance of the JB and I have plenty of wonderful L-2000s.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Nice,  but I'd go for either  an SB-2 derivative with the double-coil unit at the bridge (with front/rear/parallel switching) or a Jazz with 2x SB-2 style single coils..

I did that years ago by modding an SB-1 and could never get the two pickups to sound right together, unfortunately.  Doesn't mean it couldn't be done, but it was harder than I expected.  Those are pickup selector and series/parallel switches between the pots.  

SB-2 with El Toro humbucker at the bridge sounds good, though.  

sb2hsmall.thumb.jpg.d80874e8ddba676f50aa511199dadb50.jpg

Edited by bdgotoh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bdgotoh said:

Hey Tony, 

It is true!  I also have two other custom orders being worked on - JB with alnico P pickups in Matador locations, and another JB with MFD P pickups in Matador locations.  I really love the feel and balance of the JB and I have plenty of wonderful L-2000s.  

If these are customs I am going to be VERY disappointed if there is not metal flake action. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Another bass where a pair of L-2000 MFD humbuckers wouldn't be expected

img_0886-jpg.4428150

The two upper switches do the parallel / single / OMG for the neck and parallel / single / series for the bridge

two of the three lower switches are on/offs, the third is yet to find a use

that looks good!