Why become a member? ×

"Chyla Bass" custom built fretless bass guitar "Warsaw" 4 string 30" - *SOLD*
£500
Norwich

Lukasz Chyla

Video with the bass in action:

It's a 30-inch scale bass with a neck through construction equipped with a passive electronic circuit (push - pull, parallel system).

5-piece neck - mahogany sapele and poplar wood tulipwood.

Body - ash wood.

Two way dual action truss rod.

Fingerboard - Indian rosewood with side markers.

Strings - Ernie Ball, short scale, 45-105

Oil finish.

Good setup, brilliant sound.

High convenience and comfort of playing.

Any questions, please let me know.

IMG_20210728_132017.jpg

IMG_20210728_132105.jpg

IMG_20210728_132212.jpg

IMG_20210728_132254.jpg

IMG_20210728_132335.jpg

IMG_20210728_132427.jpg

IMG_20210728_132521.jpg

IMG_20210728_132612.jpg

IMG_20210728_132647.jpg

IMG_20210728_132729.jpg

IMG_20210728_132810.jpg

IMG_20210728_132843.jpg

Edited by Lukasz Chyla
  • Like 9

• Lukasz Chyla changed the title to "Chyla Bass" custom built fretless bass guitar "Warsaw" 4 string 30"
8 hours ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Hi Lukasz.

The bass sounds decidedly good (although I didn’t fully understand why there’s a slightly misaligned joint at the headstock end of the neck) .. which pickups and electronic have you installed in it?

Hi mate,

Thanks! It's normal way to do it (they perfectly match).

Pickups:

Entwistle JBX Pickup (Ceramic) Designed By Alan Entwistle Neck Position

Wilkinson WOM 4 Pickup MM Type Bridge Position

Electronics: passive electronic circuit (push - pull, parallel system).

3 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Ok, if your reply is this .. I wanted tu buy it but this reply isn’t adequate from someone aspiring to be a builder.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought about cutting neck of angle of 13 degrees what's normal way to do it.

I think I done it right.

The yellow wood (don’t know which kind of) stripes at the top joint do not align perfectly .. it’s clearly shown on the enlarged picture.

Thats why I asked why the joint? It makes the build more complicated and the results, as in this case, may not be perfect.

This doesn’t mean that the bass sounds very nice and the bass-playing style of Lukasz is super groovy.

I would shape the edges, however; they are too squared.

For the price, anyway ..

See my previous post and open your eyes or use glasses if required .. this site is unbelievable .. ok ok the joint is perfect and the alignment of the clear wood stripes above and below it perfectly match, I was under drugs and could not see the picture clearly ..

then, on top of this, is normal to have this kind of longitudinal and horizontal lamination in a multi-wood neck, yes, it’s the standard .. every body does it .. Fender, MM, Rickenbacker, G&L, Sandberg, Warwick, Sadowsky, Elrick, Alembic, Roscoe .. everybody, everybody … need somebody in my opinion to help them ..

6 hours ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

See my previous post and open your eyes or use glasses if required .. this site is unbelievable .. ok ok the joint is perfect and the alignment of the clear wood stripes above and below it perfectly match, I was under drugs and could not see the picture clearly ..

then, on top of this, is normal to have this kind of longitudinal and horizontal lamination in a multi-wood neck, yes, it’s the standard .. every body does it .. Fender, MM, Rickenbacker, G&L, Sandberg, Warwick, Sadowsky, Elrick, Alembic, Roscoe .. everybody, everybody … need somebody in my opinion to help them ..

Hey why not stop trolling this thread and let us decide if we like the bass or not.

Just a thought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah yeah that’s how it usually goes on BassChat .. you seem not to see an inch in front of your site-based fanclub .. if you like something it’s not for me to tell you not to like it .. but nobody can’t deny the fact that there’s a slight misalignment in the two lips of the joint, of course, judging from the attached picture .. full stop .. having said that, unfortunately, this site demonstrates once and for all that there’s no room for saying anything that’s not aligned with what a wide array of mutual UK-based acquaintances has decided that must be said … forget my posts thus.

Best wishes for the sale.

Bye.

PS

Proud to be a TalkBass member !

PPS

If you believe to sell this item without anybody questioning what I have highlighted you’ll be lucky.

Edited by Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati

7 minutes ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Yeah yeah that’s how it usually goes on BassChat .. you seem not to see an inch in front of your site-based fanclub .. if you like something it’s not for me to tell you not to like it .. but nobody can’t deny the fact that there’s a slight misalignment in the two lips of the joint, of course, judging from the attached picture .. full stop .. having said that, unfortunately, this site demonstrates once and for all that there’s no room for saying anything that’s not aligned with what a wide array of mutual UK-based acquaintances has decided that must be said … forget my posts thus.

Best wishes for the sale.

Bye.

PS

Proud to be a TalkBass member !

PPS

If you believe to sell this item without anybody questioning what I have highlighted you’ll be lucky.

You seem to be forgetting that this is someone’s for sale thread 😉

• Thanks 1

Personally, I think it's a great looking bass and have seen worse examples of 'slight' issues in boutique work. I had a £3k+ bass a few years back and could faintly feel the stripes in the thru-neck.

It's easy to criticise someone else work (yes I can see the misalignment) but given the fact that Lukasz is asking a similar price for a hand-made bass as what you would expect to pay for a CNC, mass produced Indonesian bass, I think whoever buys this is getting a great bit of kit. It sounds great as well!

It has my vote. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carlsim said:

Personally, I think it's a great looking bass and have seen worse examples of 'slight' issues in boutique work. I had a £3k+ bass a few years back and could faintly feel the stripes in the thru-neck.

It's easy to criticise someone else work (yes I can see the misalignment) but given the fact that Lukasz is asking a similar price for a hand-made bass as what you would expect to pay for a CNC, mass produced Indonesian bass, I think whoever buys this is getting a great bit of kit. It sounds great as well!

It has my vote. 

@carlsimthanks! 👊

1 hour ago, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

I don’t want to criticise the work of anybody .. for the price it’s more than ok but to say that I saw FOO FIGHTERS it’s something I can’t accept .. strange that an honest reply didn’t come from Lukasz .. I’ll go and check the maple fretboard one

Confused.com

Foo Fighters??

• Like 2

• Lukasz Chyla changed the title to SOLD "Chyla Bass" custom built fretless bass guitar "Warsaw" 4 string 30"