Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic RH750 Knobs!!

jay42

Hi folks

Last night at my gig, I unpacked my trusty RH750 head and discovered that the bass eq control knob had split in two and fallen off, does anyone here know where I can get replacements? 

I've had a look on everyone's favourite auction site but to no avail...any help would be much appreciated!

TC Electronics..?

Drop em a nice email with a pic of ya rig in action, hopefully they will help out!

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/tc-electronic-rh750-broken-knobs.1451926/?amp=1583722213

One of the white knobs on my oldish Marshall combo split, they were kind enough to send me a replacement

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyyy.

I would be interested to see how this goes…

I had a similar issue with my RH750 in 2016 (still have that amp and love it!)and they did send me some knobs.

However those broke as well so I got some aftermarket ones and they are still going strong.

Now new issue, the surrounds on the push switches are all split/cracked (with just time not impact), so I want to replace those. 
Hopefully that can help….

CA0D3465-517E-4035-88DC-D3EE16B31993.jpeg

3F149120-DE5D-486C-A67D-5FFA42E48A8E.jpeg

6 hours ago, Bass Wielder said:

Heyyyy.

I would be interested to see how this goes…

I had a similar issue with my RH750 in 2016 (still have that amp and love it!)and they did send me some knobs.

However those broke as well so I got some aftermarket ones and they are still going strong.

Now new issue, the surrounds on the push switches are all split/cracked (with just time not impact), so I want to replace those. 
Hopefully that can help….

CA0D3465-517E-4035-88DC-D3EE16B31993.jpeg

3F149120-DE5D-486C-A67D-5FFA42E48A8E.jpeg

Love those AM knobs!  Would you mind linking to the seller so other of us RH750 owners can join in?  Love your colour palette too!

3 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

Love those AM knobs!  Would you mind linking to the seller so other of us RH750 owners can join in?  Love your colour palette too!

Thanks!

Where I got those…..not sure. A friend sourced them from an electronic shops he buys from (like RS elec., etc…). I suspect sturdier knobs like from a mixer would be good (as long as the shaft diameter is similar).

I believe my knobs are screw fixed into the shaft (as opposed to push fit). I’ll double check…

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

You really shouldn't have to go through this crap with what is supposed to be a good quality amplifier! :(

Agreed!!!

This is the longest I have kept an amp head because I really do like it (tones and functionality). But shockingly shite knobs!!!😡 They literally break like biscuits!! Hence my posts to help others with this crap….

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve experienced the same problem with trying to source replacement controls. TC recently referred me to a Uk supplier who emailed me as follows: 
“We no longer have stock of this item and Music Tribe (TCElectronic's parent company) have the product and parts for it listed under the 'Legacy' catergory. They are all marked out of stock so unfortunately we can not order these for you.”

Useless!

1 hour ago, Stokey said:

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve experienced the same problem with trying to source replacement controls. TC recently referred me to a Uk supplier who emailed me as follows: 
“We no longer have stock of this item and Music Tribe (TCElectronic's parent company) have the product and parts for it listed under the 'Legacy' catergory. They are all marked out of stock so unfortunately we can not order these for you.”

Useless!

Same problem but add in 2 broken encoder shafts (following a small drop…). MT referred me to a UK ‘repairer’ who I contacted last October. As of 2 weeks ago they were still trying to source these replacements but were getting nowhere.

So… I dropped MT’s CEO (a certain Uli Behringer) a stern private message via his LinkedIn profile thinking it was a long shot.

He replied within 20 minutes and from then on put me in email contact with a couple of people in the Customer Service Centre in the Philippines. Basically the 750 and 450 were discontinued in 2019 and ‘due to COVID’ spares and their shipment became depleted.

Long story short, within 1 week I had received 20 new knobs (10 of each type), 10 new encoders with shafts and a fully loaded new circuit board ready to drop into my broken amp. All gratis.

It took 10 months and I wish I’d done this earlier. I was on the verge of ditching both my 750’s and looking elsewhere. Apparently they are ‘now ramping up’ the supply of spare parts for these heads.

Give Uli a shout. You never know…

• Like 1