Why become a member? ×

Cheshire Guitar Show

zbd1960

Being fairly news to all things bass, and following trip to Midlands Bass Bash a few weeks ago, thought I would pop along to this. It's only a half hour drive to Crewe for me, so easy enough to get to.

A few observations.

I've not been to a guitar show before, so I was a bit surprised at how few basses there were on display (I realise there is a big national bass show each year). In a pretty large function room, the only basses on display were from Manton Guitars who are Shropshire based, about 40 minute drive for me. Robin exhibited at Midlands Bass Bash and is a nice guy... I visited his workshop the other week...  

The show was very busy but the demographic was interesting. I would suggest that the overwhelming majority of attendees were over 50 if not even over 60, some in 40s and very few younger than that. OK some of that is older people no longer paying off a mortgage or raising kids have more disposable income, but it can't be the whole story?

I have to say that having been restricted for so long about mixing etc I did find the proximity of so many people somewhat intimidating.

IMG_7860.JPG

I attend quite a few guitar shows, and would agree with the above. Basses seem very conspicuous by their absence, with usually only a few budget instruments for sale. Some of the stands selling spares do have bass stuff, but overall the shows are probably not for those who are solely looking for bass related items.

The next show I’m going to is at Thirsk on 31st October. Only a small event, but it’s worth a look if you’re not far away.

http://www.mojoguitarshows.co.uk

• Like 1