Why become a member? ×

Thomann

pst62

37 minutes ago, pst62 said:

I'm thinking of ordering some Machine Heads from Thomann,  the total cost inc VAT and shipping is £111.

Will I also get stung with import duty on their arrival into the country?

Who bloody knows anymore, and they've sucked all the motivation to find out, out of me.

Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

im sure on their site it says the import duty to the UK is paid on payment and wont be subjected to ant duty

Special Rules for our UK Customers

All our prices quoted on our online store contain both VAT and customs - so you will not incur any additional costs after the purchase.

Within our normal 30 days money back warranty from abroad, the return shipping costs are paid by the customer. For returns, simply request a return on your customer log in centre (Return Product) or you can send an email to [email protected]. You will then receive detailed return information via email.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/faq_question_information_for_non_eu_countries.html

2 minutes ago, ambient said:

No. The price now includes VAT and all charges. I’ve bought a few things from them recently. The only thing now is you can’t track your item until it reaches the UK.

Thanks ambient that's good to know. Thomann have never failed me with deliveries in the past, so I think I'll take a punt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, funkgod said:

im sure on their site it says the import duty to the UK is paid on payment and wont be subjected to ant duty

Special Rules for our UK Customers

All our prices quoted on our online store contain both VAT and customs - so you will not incur any additional costs after the purchase.

Within our normal 30 days money back warranty from abroad, the return shipping costs are paid by the customer. For returns, simply request a return on your customer log in centre (Return Product) or you can send an email to [email protected]. You will then receive detailed return information via email.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/faq_question_information_for_non_eu_countries.html

FFS! How did I not see that? :dash1: :facepalm:

54 minutes ago, ambient said:

Delivery time is still good too. The items I’ve bought all arriver well within a week.

Really?

Not my experience at all. No matter what I have ordered (so long as it is in stock) whether it be a bass guitar or a single set of strings or anything in-between it always arrives on the Wednesday of the week following the one when I placed my order (irrespective of the day on which the order was made). Actually it appears that the cut-off point is some time around mid-day on Friday, so anything ordered Friday morning will arrive the next Wednesday while anything ordered in the afternoon will arrive the Wednesday after that.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

The fabulous Julia 

she is cute, speaks perfect English and plays bass… whilst riding a unicycle 

what’s not to like ?

Off topic I know but I was 2/3 into a London-Brighton cycle rally many moons ago when I caught up with a guy on a Unicycle. 60miles on a Unicycle yikes. Probably ended up with damaged nethers tho.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 14:49, Jus Lukin said:

Sounds like something to do with how the deliveries are organised in your area.

I've had orders dispatched within hours of being placed, but the journey times can vary, especially when they get to this country.

I can't see how Thomann would have anything to gain from, or much control over, a specific moment of delivery.

AFAICS it's more down to the fact that Thomann don't appear to process any of the orders for dispatch until the end of the week. I have never had an email saying that my order was with the carrier service until the Friday. The delivery time after that is pretty standard for non-priority from the EU mainland.

10 minutes ago, ped said:

I also find Thomann really slow - Seems like weeks until the thing is normally delivered but I'm out so I have to go to the farm shop to collect. Might as well go to Germany and get it myself, disgusting, share if you agree

u ok hun? 

• Haha 4

On 25/09/2021 at 13:57, BigRedX said:

Really?

Not my experience at all. No matter what I have ordered (so long as it is in stock) whether it be a bass guitar or a single set of strings or anything in-between it always arrives on the Wednesday of the week following the one when I placed my order (irrespective of the day on which the order was made). Actually it appears that the cut-off point is some time around mid-day on Friday, so anything ordered Friday morning will arrive the next Wednesday while anything ordered in the afternoon will arrive the Wednesday after that.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Rock solid 5 days to a week in my experience, and I order a lot of gear from them.